Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among my souvenirs #13 (Blacksmith shop 1896 lithograph)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among my souvenirs #13 (Blacksmith shop 1896 lithograph)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04212 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1745170Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0337 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1745171
    Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 11-26-2014, 12:36 AM.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Dick, Thanks for sharing this impressive image with all of us on the Forum. I managed to secure one also over a decade ago including the original frame whilst in the U.S but was then confronted with $800 in freight to get it back to Australia due to its size so I did a trade with a local east coast SDC member where I figure it still resides.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Astonishing that any of them, even one, survive well over a century after they were distributed to Studebaker dealers. Think of how many times each was probably moved and possibly thought to be unnecessary. Amazing. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The Studebaker Museum should have these reproduced and sell them. I know I would like to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
          The Studebaker Museum should have these reproduced and sell them. I know I would like to have one.
          What size would you like?
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Interesting, to me, is the differences between the painting and the lithograph.

So, Richard, are you saying you would offer replicas? What sizes would work best for reproduction at a reasonable price?
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Lithography is a labour intensive process, therefore it's expensive. Most especially lithography of the quality this original is reputed to display. I would think a lithograph in the original size would cost well over a hundred dollars and expect poor Dick wouldn't be making much profit if any at all.

Does anyone know the fate of the original?
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
              X