1955 Commander Starlight Coupe on CL in Portland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 Commander Starlight Coupe on CL in Portland

This is one nice car. The seller started at $25K and then re-posted it at $20K. Seller says the odometer reads 17,912 miles but does not claim that this is original total miles or it has rolled.
    The seller does not say whether this car has been restored. If this is an original car with that few miles this looks like an excellent deal. Even if it has been resorted and the mileage is not verified it still seems like a pretty good deal.

This car is in Colton, Oregon. I was thinking of checking this one out myself but I could not put the money together fast enough. I would have to sell something first. It's real tempting.
    Any feedback on this one?
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

It IS pretty, but I would bet money there is not much Original on that Car, obviously all New, not correct Velour Interior and Carpets for starters.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That is a nice car, Ed. The interior is somewhat modified as to original materials, but it is so tasteful as to be OK.

It appears to have Overdrive but the seller doesn't mention it. I wonder if he knows what it is or how it is supposed to work?

That said, he says "everything works," but I'd sure want to clarify the Overdrive working before spending that kind of money.

Nice car! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

He is way to high on his price. Just my opinion.
        Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 11-25-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

This appears to be a beautiful '55 with some very nice work done to it....a 'turnkey' collectible ....EASILY worth the $20,000!

Comment

Very nice car. Very not original. Whether it's worth $20k, the market will decide.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

Very nice car. Very not original mileage/unrestored. Whether it's worth $20k, the market will decide.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Old pictures, too, I bet. It's been refreshed, all right. Still, you couldn't do all that work for 20K.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I think I saw that car at the Orphan Car Show in June of this year in Oregon City. It was for sale then as well--I believe it might be an estate car? Regardless of that fact, if it is the same car the pictures are indicative of the current condition. It was a very nice car.
                  Dave Nevin
                  Corvallis, OR
                  1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                  Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Dave,
                    I missed that show this year as I had to go down to California to see my dad and brother. I wish I could have been there to lay eyes on this car. I'd love to drive it. I'm afraid I would have to sell my '50 Commander, however, in order to buy it. I'm not sure I'm ready to part with it yet.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                    X