PDA

View Full Version : My 63 Cruiser production order arrived.

Ian_Holmes
11-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Have to admit I was really looking forward to the arrival of this item. I'm a sucker for this old stuff and the guy who sold me the car told me somethings that I could easily check with this. He told me that the car had spent all its life in Minnesota. That appears to be true. The car was delivered to Faribault, MN not terribly far from Le Sueur where I bought it. I did a bit of digging last night and it seems like the Studebaker dealer in Faribault was Lockner Motor sales, and thanks to Google street view I found a building at the address I found that looked like it may well have been a car dealers previously. Need to do a bit more digging to confirm that fact. But if that pans out it might be fun next summer to drive down there and photograph the car in front of the old dealership building.
Much of the info on the order seems fairly explanatory. I've checked on the forum first and it seems codes may have changed from year to year?
I assume that 13 P 6317 would be the paint code for Rosemist?
Then 14 845 CC would be the code for the interior, probably brown, does the CC indicate cloth rather than a vinyl seat?
It's all very fascinating even to find that the car was completed 52 years and 4 days ago.

8E45E
11-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Then 14 845 CC would be the code for the interior, probably brown, does the CC indicate cloth rather than a vinyl seat?

Yes, P6317 denotes Rose Mist metallic, and the 'CC' indicates Chestnut Cloth interior.

Craig

StudeRich
11-25-2014, 03:25 PM
As '63 Cruisers go, this one is fairly Basic, no options like Power Steering and or Brakes or Disc Brakes, Twin Traction etc.
That makes for a easier to work on, and cheaper to work on Car, if that is one's priority.

Ian_Holmes
11-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Thanks both for the info. Basic is good, I can cope with basic.