One last question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One last question

I have a 1955 President 4 door sedan with wrap around windshield. It has push pull switches in the dash, V8 259 3 speed OD trans.

What is it. C, K, # why can't it just be a 4 dr pres.?

Thanks

I think the best thing for me to do is drive this POS down to the crusher and watch it go by the way side

Comment

Hi Pops C / K cars are coupes and hardtops. Your car is a 1955 1/2 body used for the next body styles, the early flat windsheld body went from 53-55. Maybe others will chime in I belive your body style is 16G-6H.

Comment

I didn't understand the questions or your 2nd comment.
        As to why it can't just be a 4 door Pres. It is, but when buying parts it matters a lot. Most body parts for a C or K body 2 door will not fit.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Michelles Pops View Post
          I think the best thing for me to do is drive this POS down to the crusher and watch it go by the way side
          Why are you so upset?
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Quoted Text:

Just give the POS to me, and I'll make a Diamond out of it!!!!!!
            Last edited by Mrs K Corbin; 11-24-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Your car is an Ultravista. The top of the line for a 55 Studebaker sedan. Half way through the year they upgraded to a wrap around windshield and a 259 V8 from a 224. Unfortunately, they don't get the price and respect they deserve. The coupes and hardtops (C/K) were still identified with the iconic 53 Starliner, although some people don't respect the changes for 55s either. I drive mine and saved it from the crusher.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Drive it like you Stole it and the Kops are behind you BABY!

Comment

As far as you question "what is it?" look on the firewall and see the body tag with the big letters and numbers on it. It should start with 16G8 or something like that. Probably followed by a "W" or some other ;letter and number. The letter is the body style.

In the club and on the forum we use those letters to assure clear, concise communication.

The push-pull switches on the dash are likely because you said you put a 56 dash board in it. Without stating that information, it can be tough to answer certain questions.

Did you get the new windshield installed yet?
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
                    Drive it like you Stole it and the Kops are behind you BABY!
                    Driving responsibly is safer for everyone involved, particularly innocent bystanders and fellow motorists.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

People that want and like 4 Doors, consider your Car Model, one of the best 4 Doors Studebaker ever built!

It IS a Late '55 President State 6H-Y6, if you want to call it a "alpha numeric" Number like a K5 Hardtop Sport Coupe body Number.

A 16G8 is a Commander.

If you need to sell it, a good eBay Ad with good Pics and a low starting bid and a reasonable reserve will do it.

Please do not scrap a good car!
                      I am pretty sure after you calm down, you will proceed with the restoration you began.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 11-24-2014, 05:19 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                        Driving responsibly is safer for everyone involved, particularly innocent bystanders and fellow motorists.
                        Yeah...... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Comment

Yep, I think this guy looks like a "Responsible" Driver! Lol!

StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Might have bent the bumper a little on the White, just put in reverse and back off the Studebaker.
                            Speaking of this Studebaker, now or then, a parts doner. Instead of it being a Land Cruiser, it became a "truck lander"
                            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I just don't get it: what's wrong? why scrap it???
                              & what's with the dashboard?
                              Got any pictures?
                              My Josephine is also a -55 sedan ultra vista:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2026.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1692968
                              & I LOVE it!

Comment

Working...
                              X