• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers @ 2014 Muscle Car & Corvette Nats

'Just got back; what a great show!

Here's a report and photos:

The Coolest of Beans; thanks so much to all who made it happen. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks bob. Great report.

Mark L
    Mark L

Comment

You're welcome, Mark...ya' see, I figure I gotta' pay for that Media Pass somehow! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Awesome gathering.
        Thanks so much for the writeup.
        One of my close high school friends has a Shelby Mustang that is always top shelf displayed at this show...
        It's on my bucket list...

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        'Just got back; what a great show!

Here's a report and photos:

The Coolest of Beans; thanks so much to all who made it happen. BP
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks BP for you good work on reporting this event, being in California I would have to miss it, thanks again and keep up the good work...the other BP (candbstudebakers)
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Great photos and report, Bob, thanks for posting!

Geez, Stude had it 'on the ball' for '63 and '64 IMHO; too bad things ended up as they did for the Corporation.

Man, is Nels' '64 Daytona delicious! I don't know a better way to describe it!
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks for the report Bob. Great to talk to you, Ted, and Nels
              61 lark cruiser
              64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Great write up! Great cars! Someday I am going to get to that event. We had an early Thanksgiving with family this weekend. Maybe next year......
                1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by studerodder View Post
                  Thanks for the report Bob. Great to talk to you, Ted, and Nels
                  Good to see you, too, Butch, and glad you got to mine Ted's brain for some engine-build tips.

Here's the photo of you [Butch Summers, left, for our readers] with Cyndi George, Ed George, and Andy Petrass:

With the unfortunate demise of Barbara McPhearson this past year, we have unofficially crowned Cyndi George as the new Queen of The Pure Stock Drags.

'Way to go, Cyndi; cool beans. BP

Comment

Thanks Bob!

Excellent commentary on the event!!

Now you're going to force Andy to get his R2 Lark done for next year's show!

Craig

Comment

Bob, that is a great summary and the car displays were well done. Good job by all involved. Jeff

Comment

Thanks Bob for bringing the rest of us up to date on a great event we simply couldn't attend. Terrific pics.
                        Bill

Comment

Great article Mr. Palma! You gave all the forum readers the "flavor" of the show. I echo your comments and gratitude to Ed George and Eric DeRosa for getting the Studebaker Muscle presence at the show last year and creating the demand for more this year. It was good seeing you and talking with you yesterday.
                          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks, Paul; 'good seeing you, too.

I forgot to mention the fact that while Cousin George Krem's Plain Brown Wrapper 1964 R3 Challenger wasn't there, we all know how George is ANAL about weight removal.

Thus, I did photograph a car that looks like The Plain Brown Wrapper might look if George was left to his own devices! To wit:

('Sorry, 'cuz; how could I resist?) BP

Comment

Bob, I was fortunate to meet the George's and Eric in South Bend last month. What a great bunch of guys...
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X