gt on south beach classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gt on south beach classics

Watching south beach classics on tv this morning. More for the blond than the bald headed guy but anyway their at Daytona beach trying to sell some cars and Ted who claims to be this all knowing classic car guy is pitching a 62 gt to a buyer. 289 v8 he tells the guy same motor they put in the mustang. Then later his wive is pitching a car hauler truck to a guy that wants to do a trade with her. 38 dodge she goes and there's a big ford emblem right on the hood. You would think they could get things more like watching Jay Leno at least he knows what he's talking about.
    Last edited by swvalcon; 11-21-2014, 08:49 AM.

I quit watching that show because of stuff like that. It kept getting my blood pressure too high. I would never buy anything from them.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      Watching south beach classics on tv this morning. More for the blond than the bald headed guy but anyway their at Daytona beach trying to sell some cars and Ted who claims to be this all knowing classic car guy is pitching a 62 gt to a buyer. 289 v8 he tells the guy same motor they put in the mustang. Then later his wive is pitching a car hauler truck to a guy that wants to do a trade with her. 38 dodge she goes and there's a big ford emblem right on the hood. You would think they could get things more like watching Jay Leno at least he knows what he's talking about.
      The amazing thing today, particularly since all these programs are staged, is that very few personalities and production personnel have much concern for authenticity or integrity. This particular show is probably the worst offender.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Interesting...I didn't know they were selling cars on that show. I guess I just couldn't get past that 6 foot gal to look at what she was selling. Hee Hee Hee.

Comment

I could tell from the Commercials on other Velocity Shows that they had no clue what they were doing, but I was impressed with the HUGE Number of Classics they showed all double stacked on 4 Post Lifts all around the floor FULL of nice Cars.

And a fair variety of makes, even a Rambler American!

Never saw their Show, I guess I missed the Tall Blond.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Was watching MAVTV this morning and there was a nice 4WD Transtar on it. Had a 259 in it.
            Last edited by Mikado282; 11-21-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

i'm not into the "fake" reality car shows, i watched that show once and that was enough for me! the only one i've liked is "Bitchin' Rides".

i do DVR several car shows on both Velocity and MAV if i haven't already seen them. My Classic Car and others showing folks at car shows. plus ones that i may learn something - like Stacey David's Gearz, Car Fix, All Girls Garage, etc.
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I like chasing classics but they don't do enough so there's to many reruns.

Comment

Jay Leno's great, and he's done a lot for the hobby.....It's too bad that he's really not into Studebakers!

Comment

I stopped watching Chasing Classic Cars when in one episode the Ferrari Wayne was touting/selling as "original" was the same Ferrari he repaired the previous season after one of his super rich Buddy's wrecked it. In one episode he played on a widow's emotions to buy her 60 Chevy convertible telling her how he was going to keep it and take care of it only to turn right around and sell it. He's just into buying as cheap as he can so he can sell and maximize his profit.
                    Last edited by tim333; 11-21-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                      I stopped watching Chasing Classic Cars when in one episode the Ferrari Wayne was touting/selling as "original" was the same Ferrari he repaired the previous season after one of his super rich Buddy's wrecked it. In one episode he played on a widow's emotions to buy her 60 Chevy convertible telling her how he was going to keep it and take care of it only to turn right around and sell it. He's just into buying as cheap as he can so he can sell and maximize his profit.
                      Yes, Wayne's another guy who looks at Studebakers with disdain....then gets all excited about a BMW Isetta!

Comment

^ agree with that about Wayne. i watched one this past week about a '50 Studebaker. he asked the seller if it had a 4 or 6 cyl. he ended up buying a very old motorcycle that the guy had.

in his defense, he is supposedly in it for the flip $$$, and Studebakers (as we know) don't flip for big bucks...
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

He's pretty up front right from the start of the show that he's a flipper.

Comment

I am surprised that Ted Vernon would make a mistake like that. He is an old time car guy who has been selling classic cars in Florida for many years. Shame on him!

Comment

Working...
                            X