Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behind the wheel of a 1932 Indy race car (Aug. 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the wheel of a 1932 Indy race car (Aug. 2014)

In case you have not seen it: ttp://youtu.be/tIJ8o-5uw3g Owned by Mike Cleary in CA, driven by his son (who is about 6' 6"). One small mistake, the engine displacement is 336 c.i. Some may remember it at the Cedar Rapids meet also was on display at the Studebaker National Museum in 2012-13. Had the pleasure of riding in it.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Thanks for the ride-along, Richard, 'twas a pleasure.

Comment

Great footage, Richard; thanks for the link. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'll never forget my ride in Bob Valpey's #37 "STUDEBAKER SPECIAL" (the Hunt Special)....What a thrill!
        Attached Files

Comment

What a car!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like great fun - only thing he was missing was a mic picking up the sound from the exhaust - if my daily sounding like these things the radio would quit working for lack of use...

Comment

Wow that was cool! I wonder how it would do on an oval type track that it was built for.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

How fast did he get it up to??

Comment

Working...
                X