Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude T10 4-speed shifter market gone up while I wasn't looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude T10 4-speed shifter market gone up while I wasn't looking?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/61-64-STUDEB...15699618&rt=nc

Just happened across this one with a BIN of $400. Are they really selling for this much?

If so, I better clean up the crusty-rusty one I've got in a box somewhere.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Yes, that's a sky-high price for so-so factory linkage. I liked the idea (which I saw on this forum) where someone cut the lever off a quality Hurst shifter, and then welded on a Studebaker factory shift stem.....Solid shifting with the 'stock' factory look!

Comment

I have two (one for bench seats and one for buckets) that I'm hoping to use when I retire my car from Pure Stock. Glad I got them when I did.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Can you say NO Sale?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Whoever is selling it sure cleaned it up nice. All it takes is one buyer with the money and no patience to wait for a better deal, but it won't be me.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

shifter

Whoever is selling it sure cleaned it up nice.
            About three minutes in the shot blaster and five minutes with a rattle can and mine will look that good.

What is the considered opinion as to the current market price?

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

I am tempted to take the one off of my car if it will sell for that amount. Of course, there is a difference between what it is worth, and what this guy is asking. I personally think that they are worth what the shipping amount is, and not much more. Ask John Poulos what he thinks they are worth.

Comment

If I were in the market, and I'm not, I'd probably be willing to spend $100-$150. It would depend on how badly I needed it, and how many I might find out there in Studedom. Just my opinion, Bill.

Comment

Sold mine about a year ago, and happy to see it go. The span from the 1-2 gate to the 3-4 gate was WAY too wide. I installed a Hurst Competition Plus shifter and never looked back.

Comment

I've sold them for between $60 and $100 on ebay.

Comment

Working...
                    X