Name:	IMG_3355[1].JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1745123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3356[1].JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1745124

the rust was covered by foil tape and seam sealer the right pic is before the tape was removed. At least he could have used a rust converter. I could see the hookey repair from the fender well. But never would have dreamed it was foil tape!

I wish classic enterprises made a repair section.

anyone got any suggestions on what to do?
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Mark

If you own a sand blaster and a MIG welder, I'd blast the area and see how far it extends into the curved areas. If not much, it looks like the repair will be essentially flat or slightly curved so with the fenders off the body it shouldn't be to difficult if you take on one area at a time. Most of the bending can be done over a pipe, with a body hammer on a soft bag or in the vise.

How much you do will depend on the condition of the rest of the fender. Get a sheet of 18/19 ga metal and forge ahead fearlessly assuming you can weld. The repair you showed is usually from someone that can't weld or just doesn't give a $%^&.

JMHO,Bob

Comment

Mark check your PM
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Mark I've got one side to do on my 64 in the same spot. When you get the fender off you'll see it dosen't look to be that hard.

Comment

I've got a mig welder and some skill, the rest of the fender is very good
          Mark Riesch
          New Bern, NC

Comment

Rust

I cut out the rusted area on the drivers side, I'm sure with a little patience, a hammer and a small amount of skill, I can repair it.
            Mark Riesch
            New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
            X