Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want a decent GT Hawk shell?

A local friend is cleaning out his Stude boneyard and this is in there:

It started life as a '62 with a 4 speed. Engine and trans and associated parts are all long gone. The body shell is very workable and needs a LOT less work than most. It's nice enough that there were plans to build it, but that guy ended up with another Stude instead. Before it gets scrapped, is anyone interested in it? Just "putting it out there", at least we can say we offered it for sale before it gets turned into a Kia.

My friend said he wants the trunk hinges to keep as spares for his '59, but there's nothing else he wants off of it.

If someone is genuinely interested, I'll get more pictures. Neither he nor I have the time to piece it out. Show up with a trailer, bring cash, and take it away. $300.00
    Last edited by mbstude; 11-16-2014, 05:10 AM.

Matt,
    What year was the CHAMP sitting beside the HAWK?
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Hi Matt, I might be interested. I don't really have room for another partial, but if the floors and tub are in good shape (no rust through needing new metal) it will be better than what I have on one of my Hawks. Let me know how it really looks, and I'll make a decision asap. Thanks, Bill.

Comment

Jim, that's the front half of a '60 Lark sedan. There were two Champs, a 60 and a 62. Both were just recently sold.

Bill, I'll be by the shop sometime today. I'll take some more pictures. I can't remember if there's any major rust, but I'll find out!

Comment

I was able to take a closer look at the shell today. It needs both front floor pans replaced, and the channel that holds the lower deck lid gasket in place is rusted through in one spot, about 6 inches long. Aside from that.. This thing is pretty solid. Trunk floor is great, as are the A pillars and inner quarter areas.

Comment

Matt, I know you said you guys don't have time to part it out and I can appreciate that. I've been keeping an eye out for a four speed steering column collar (the part that would cover where the shifter would normally go). The column appears to still exist in that car. Not sure what if anything you guys would want for it, might not be worth the trouble for you.

Thanks-

Comment

The bare column is there but all of the 4 speed related bits went missing a long time ago.

Comment

Matt, this one is comparable to what I have to work with. I appreciate your checking it out closer for me, but I will pass on it. Thanks for letting us know about it, hopefully someone will get some use out of it. Bill

Comment

No worries, Bill. I doubt anyone will buy it, but felt the need to put it out there before it gets scrapped since a lot of people are restoring worse.

Comment

Working...
                  X