ID Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Help

This car was in Oregon around Portland about 2 years ago. I just wanted to know what model and year it was. It was by sisters apartment and everytime I would go by to see her I would go knock on door and see if I could talk to someone about it but no one ever came to door. Went 6 times. Is it rare?

Looks to be a 59 or 60 rare ? maybe to some people, nice cars yes.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

It's a Hawk and looks to be relatively good, rust wise. Should be a V8, either a 259 or a 289. If the motor turns and the floors are good, it looks like a good candidate to put back on the road. Finned hawks were sold from '57 through 61.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

It is either a 1959 or 1960 Hawk. If it was a 1961, it might still have the residual marks of the second fin molding.

There is no evidence of wheel opening moldings, either, so it is probably a 1959 Silver Hawk Six. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I believe that it is a 1959 Silver Hawk six cylinder model.
          Fairly rare - 2417 built.
          Not very desirable being a six cylinder (170 cid flathead), but desirable due to the good body.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            I believe that it is a 1959 Silver Hawk six cylinder model.
            Fairly rare - 2417 built.
            Not very desirable being a six cylinder (170 cid flathead), but desirable due to the good body.
            I agree on that. The color Hawaiian Green, the lack of evidence of the three small chrome pieces below the quarter window, and no stainless steel wheel trim around the wheel openings confirm it for me.

Craig

Comment

It is a six-cylinder '59 Hawk. Our local Studebaker mechanic has been working on it for the new owner. The transmission had been removed but it is now together - running and drivable.

Comment

Cool. Another one will hit the streets!
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                X