PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Factory Dash Plaque Original ?

Studeous
11-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Saw this on a 63 R2 Hawk Charlotte Craigslist. CAUTION Do not roll the windows down if going over 120 MPH. What would happen if you did?
1 Suck all the Passengers out
2 Pop the back window out, like the Avanti your racing against
3 Nullify that Special Bonneville option that the Salesman $old ya
4 couldn't hear WLS Chicago or WSM Nashville clearly
5 ?
6 ?
22 ?

candbstudebakers
11-13-2014, 12:39 AM
I think that only the Avanti's had a decal on the dash that stated that, back in he early 70's a young guy in the club had an Avanti and wondered the same thing so did try to find out what would happen and I think he was going faster and rolled the window down and the head liner came down on him but that is about all, I also don't think they had a dash plaque but just a decal.

8E45E
11-13-2014, 07:54 AM
I think that only the Avanti's had a decal on the dash that stated that, back in he early 70's a young guy in the club had an Avanti and wondered the same thing so did try to find out what would happen and I think he was going faster and rolled the window down and the head liner came down on him but that is about all, I also don't think they had a dash plaque but just a decal.

At least that was all it did!! Remember, some lost their back windows at higher speeds!

Craig

Swifster
11-13-2014, 08:22 AM
In other forms, those decals have been available as an 'aftermarket' item. I had one of those decals inside my 1993 Geo Metro convertible. Odds of that car hitting 120MPH? Zilch... But it made for a nice conversation piece.

8E45E
11-13-2014, 08:52 AM
In other forms, those decals have been available as an 'aftermarket' item.

Yes they have. I think the first I saw one was a photo in Automobile Quarterly that featured the Chrysler 300 sometime in the 1970's. Now, some of the European cars have window that raise automatically past a certain speed.

Craig

DEEPNHOCK
11-13-2014, 09:42 AM
It can suck your headliner down onto your head.
BTDT