Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen this 1948 Studebaker Truck (Brinks Style Panel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen this 1948 Studebaker Truck (Brinks Style Panel)

This was for sale about a year ago - has anyone seen it lately? I'm kicking around the idea of getting a delivery/panel truck to use for football tailgates.

Thanks

48 Studebaker chopped dropped brinks style panel blown 468 chevy 671 weiand blower 12nnderdriven cam is noisey gear new holley carbs custom hydraboost wheels brakes tires narrowed dana 70 axles bearings trans stage manual autoshift allison converter gearvendor speed overdrive piece driveshat roll bar ton dually chasis insulated clean done interior tinted glass lites wipers everything work& 039;s it& fast fun wanta get there this rides for you only verifed paypal parties please

Frankly, your link is useless. It's all one big ad, and as soon as I try to scroll down to see the Studebaker, the ads multiply.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I was able to see the truck. It is pretty cool. I have no idea where it might have ended up but it should not be hard to spot it if the owner is driving it around.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The workmanship looks very well done. It appears it started out as an A-2 cab with a milk-truck (or similar) body.

Craig

Comment

Chris,
          Try clicking on main pic & wait for full size. Then hover to right of pic for invisible arrows to forward other pics. It does look pretty cool.
          Bill

Comment

It's largely of academic interest, but I feel compelled to point out that the grille and front fenders are from a 2R truck, which makes it technically a 1949 or later model. That said, it now carries a California DMV-issued VIN, and they have the authority to call it whatever they want.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

I've noticed that many rodders say that their 1949-1953 trucks are 1948 models. I think it's because many car clubs choose 1948 as the cut-off year for eligibility to be called rods because that marked the end of the fat-fendered cars and trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                I've noticed that many rodders say that their 1949-1953 trucks are 1948 models. I think it's because many car clubs choose 1948 as the cut-off year for eligibility to be called rods because that marked the end of the fat-fendered cars and trucks.
                Good point. However, it also true that 2R series production started in April 1948, while everyone else in the industry was still building 1948 models. There have been several reasonably well documented cases of 2R trucks being registered as 1948 models from the very beginning -- maybe because local DMV offices just assumed they had to be 48s. And it's also worth noting that in those days before safety and emissions standards, it really wasn't very important what model year appeared on a vehicle registration.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                  Good point. However, it also true that 2R series production started in April 1948, while everyone else in the industry was still building 1948 models. There have been several reasonably well documented cases of 2R trucks being registered as 1948 models from the very beginning -- maybe because local DMV offices just assumed they had to be 48s. And it's also worth noting that in those days before safety and emissions standards, it really wasn't very important what model year appeared on a vehicle registration.
                  Thanks for this comment. I have often seen R series trucks identified as 1948 models and I wondered if it wasn't something like that.
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                  X