• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Super Hawk Clone

Attached Files

Is this the same car? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=fiberglass

Craig

Comment

It looks like it could be the car made by 11SecAvanti, in that it has a PS block, it appears to have once been red, it has a circular gas filler, and hood pins.

Comment

Oh, and it has body #410 (64V-K6 410)

Comment

That's the 64 GT Hawk I owned and drag raced for 10 years. Looks like its been painted again. It was dark red when I first got it and needed painting so I painted it Wimbleton White. I'll look thru my archives for some photos. Sold it in 2003 and glad to see it still survives in late 2014. (tom c)
          Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to seeing the photos.

Tom

Comment

Although it wouldn't be correct on a Hawk I for one would be interested in a fiberglass deck lid, especially one like on a 64. Might be good use for those rusted out lids for using the inner structure with the fiberglass outer.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Found some old videos. Unable to upload because of google changes on U tube. Time for a more user friendly host. Few photos from the 90's. These are heads up runs. The mustang was a 14 second car and the stude was running low 13's at this time. The chevy caught me just before the finish by a car length but stude was ahead at the 1/8 plus.
                Attached Files

Comment

Got the video "invalid response from server" cleared after alot of google jungle wandering. VHS tapes are old and poor quality. Will try another one tomorrow. Enjoy. (tom c)

Comment

Ten minute video of the GT Hawk Street Racing Wins. This is bracket dial in racing. Low ET was 13.06 for the final 5 round dial in win. This was around 1994-1995 time period.

That link has viewing problems so try this one.

Last edited by 11SecAvanti; 11-13-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=11SecAvanti;882392]Ten minute video of the GT Hawk Street Racing Wins. This is bracket dial in racing. Low ET was 13.06 for the final 5 round dial in win. This was around 1994-1995 time period.

(Try this)

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&feature=vm&video_id=KAOP_GrUL0Y

That link has viewing problems so try this one.
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Don't know if these link will function or not. Nothing but server reject problems from the geek control mania of U tube on my end here.

Some runs in the low 12's. Don't want to be a thread hijacker but thought some history on the vehicle might be relevant to its past.

And another:
                        Sorry for the poor quality but these tapes are nearly 20 years old.

Comment

Some photos: The hood flipped forward for engine service and the battery was in the rear in the center with remote cutoff control.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's impressive. Can you share what tires and suspension set up you were using? It looks like it hooked up pretty well.
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Pat, the wheels were Weld Racing and P205-75 -15 were on the front and Hoosier Quick Time DOT tires were on the rear. I think they were 28 inch diameter. Yes, it always launched smooth and straight with no wheel hop or wrapping behavior. Nothing special about the suspension other than the Traction Master bars I installed. Just factory shocks and Dana 44 with 3.73 TT and tapered axles. Over the years the rear ratios went from 3.31 to 3.54 and to 3.73. The et was better with the 3.73 and still streetable rpm.

Here is a video of a heads up run the GT made. Lost this round by .040 second. The after market chevy pulled me good off the line but the Hawk always moved rapidly once it was 60 or so feet out of the hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X