Frame interchange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame interchange question

Hey guys, I have a 46 Skyway Champion. 4 door. My stock chassis is unusable. I found a 41 5 window business coupe frame for sale locally for a decent price. Does anyone know if these are even close to being the same? Will I be able to adapt the 41 frame to my 46? Thanks if you can help.

Anyone know?

Comment

I don't. But if no one else chimes in, start with the wheelbase. If that's the same take lots of measurements and lots of pictures. And since you probably only have access to the bottom side of YOUR frame, make sure you work from the BOTTOM of the one for sale. It would be tempting to just look at the visible top side of the one for sale, but you need to view it from the bottom, same as yours.
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

My '53 Hollander says '41 to '46 Champion frames are all the same. Gives p/n 515234. $60.43! Hollander #1577. You should be good to go. -Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jrlemke View Post
          My '53 Hollander says '41 to '46 Champion frames are all the same. Gives p/n 515234. $60.43! Hollander #1577. You should be good to go. -Jim
          But are 4 door and the business coupe frames the same?
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

To be sure measure the wheelbase.

Rober Kapteyn

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
              But are 4 door and the business coupe frames the same?
              I'd look at the body mount points. If different they should be movable by drilling out rivets and or drilling new holes....providing the frame is the same otherwise.
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Hollander junk yard interchange manual says all champion models '41 to '46 are the same. 2dr, 4dr, coupe, whatever!- Jim

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm gonna 5 aka a chance on it.

Comment

Just to update. I picked up the frame today. It appears to be the same as mine. I spent the day driving to get it so I haven't put the two side by side yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X