Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Among my souvenirs #10 (1956 Color and Upholstery Selector)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among my souvenirs #10 (1956 Color and Upholstery Selector)

This is a follow-up to the thread on the '58 Selector (Among my souvenirs #9). It shows the 1956 version which has similar dimensions and format, (9 X 12" multi-ring binder), this having 14 large color chips, 23 two-tone combinations and 73 actual upholstery samples. There was no separate 1957 binder as dealers were instructed to use this '56 binder and insert the 1957 pages.

Click image for larger version

Name:	010 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1745087Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1745088Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1745089Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1745090Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1745091
    Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 11-11-2014, 06:32 PM.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Man, that is soooo '50s. Cool man.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      This is a follow-up to the thread on the '58 Selector (Among my souvenirs #10). It shows the 1956 version which has similar dimensions and format, (9 X 12" multi-ring binder), this having 14 large color chips, 23 two-tone combinations and 73 actual upholstery samples. There was no separate 1957 binder as dealers were instructed to use this '56 binder and insert the 1957 pages.
      Your reference for the 1958 selector should be #9, not "#10".
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Got it, thanks.
        Richard Quinn

Comment

Richard, I've asked you questions sorta like this before and never got an answer. What I've wondered is if a lot of the things like these selector books and other such stuff - are they generally things you've sought individually, or are they things that came your way when you went to different old dealerships primarily looking for parts.

Having talked to offspring of a couple of dealers near me, they confirmed that most of this stuff was tossed once the dealership was closed or they went on to selling other makes.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob; No, nothing specific that I have sought out. Just picked the stuff up as I visited dealers. Most was very inexpensive or simply given to me. Of course I have bought a few items from time to time to fill in gaps but most came directly from dealers when I was most active in the 1960s and '70s. No one else was interested at the time. I passed on a lot of stuff because I didn't have room. Larger items like signs I, unfortunately, had to leave behind. Very rare today to find anything really new that I don't have but I keep looking. Might also mention that a lot of material was acquired from sources in South Bend, mostly from former employees.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Working...
            X