Hemmings Classic Car for only $12 / year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmings Classic Car for only $12 / year

Would anyone like to subscribe to Hemmings Classic Car for only $12 per year? That's only $1 per issue, delivered in your mail, versus $4.99 on the newsstands, likely plus sales tax...and you have to spend gas and time to go find it to buy it after subscribers have had theirs for a week or two anyway.

I have three of these cards to send to people who would like to take advantage of this offer:

There's nothing in it for me except to increase the publication's (i.e., my part-time "employer's") circulation, so please don't hang me out for the 49 cents to mail you one of these cards if you won't use it.

If you subscribe now, you'll be sure to get the next issue in which my column appears; March 2015. (Of course, my current quarterly column is in the December 2014 issue, but it is already on the newsstands, so they probably won't send you one.) My March 2015 column is done awaiting submission, and I promise you that if you are a Studebaker enthusiast, you will love it!

Incidentally, I have two NOS, uncirculated copies of the October and November 2014 issues; the issues containing the two-part Matthew Wendt 1964 R2/Powershift Hawk Restoration Profile, which was nicely done and not riddled with errors. That two-part article covers 12 pages and includes 27 color photographs over the two issues; a beautiful presentation.

They are available as back issues for $14 the pair postpaid through their website, but I'll take
    $10 postpaid to any U.S. address for the extra pair I have. Just let me know you're sending the money and I'll await your check. My mailing address is in every Turning Wheels.

Meanwhile, if you want one of the three $12 / 1-year subscription offers, post here and send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll mail the appropriate card to you. First come, first served, of course; I only have three of them and this is a helluva good deal. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

The magazine has been a very good friend to Studebakers and the club (as witnessed by their employment of Mr. Palma as a columnist and frequent articles on Studebakers and mentions of SDC) ....if you want a car magazine, this is the one to get.
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Bob,

I will take one if it still available.

Gary

Comment

Just received my first issue today after getting the offer Bob is promoting in the mail, and taking them up on it. Bob's article is on page 37 in the December issue, and I enjoyed it.

Since our proper newsstand closed about four years ago, and the selection of hobby related magazines is thin at almost all other retailers, I've not quickly found a replacement for my old favorite, Cars & Parts, that became extinct a couple years ago. The article on the 1953 Chrysler in this issue is much in the style of the Cars & Parts articles I became addicted to. Real stories about normal hobby cars and the people who keep them. All the articles are good. Decided to renew a year from now already.

Comment

Gary Wood and Sam Ensley have spoken for the first two coupons. They will go out to Gary and Sam Tuesday, November 11.

(Happy Veterans Day, BTW.)

One coupon is still available. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by 556063 View Post
            Just received my first issue today after getting the offer Bob is promoting in the mail, and taking them up on it. Bob's article is on page 37 in the December issue, and I enjoyed it.

Since our proper newsstand closed about four years ago, and the selection of hobby related magazines is thin at almost all other retailers, I've not quickly found a replacement for my old favorite, Cars & Parts, that became extinct a couple years ago. The article on the 1953 Chrysler in this issue is much in the style of the Cars & Parts articles I became addicted to. Real stories about normal hobby cars and the people who keep them. All the articles are good. Decided to renew a year from now already.
            Thanks, Kevin; 'glad you liked the magazine and the column.

Almost every issue has a Driveable Dream; their sometimes name for cars such as the 1953 Chrysler you cited. 'Can't help but wonder how many readers thought all Chryslers had hemi V8s after 1951 but, of course, they didn't by a long shot. BP

Comment

Glad a magazine will print glossy photos of an engine compartment like that, Bob. They are only original once. Various Studebaker mentions throughout the issue, too!

Comment

Bob, I would like one if you have it left :-)
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  Bob, I would like one if you have it left :-)
                  Bob, Bob40 sent me a "I'll take the last one" PM that is time-stamped 11:51 PM, which would be 55 minutes before your 12:46 AM time stamp, so I'll send him the last one.

However, I have a fourth $12 subscription offer (only one) that says, simply, "I'd like to give a gift subscription for $12." So I'll send that to you. You can just give yourself a gift subscription; I've read the fine print and it's the same difference.

Anyway, everyone else; all the $12 offers are now spoken for.

The two Matt Wendt 1964 Hawk Restoration Profile issues are still available, however. The second one is actually a 100th Anniversary of Dodge, so if you have any interest in Dodges as well as Studebakers, the second issue, containing the concluding half of Matt's Restoration Profile, is also good for Dodge enthusiasts. BP

Comment

Thanks, Bob. I stopped taking all car magazines except for Rod and Custom and TW a few years ago because I don't get a lot of time to sit and read them, and they pile up. And I shouldn't re-up for HCC. But, it remains my favorite car magazine, And I have missed it these past couple years. Thanks for the deal.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob40: Please post or send me a PM with your mailing address for the coupon. I don't have your address anywhere and it isn't in your Profile.

Thanks. BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Bob40: Please post or send me a PM with your mailing address for the coupon. I don't have your address anywhere and it isn't in your Profile.

Thanks. BP
                        Sure, Bob...you can send it to 303 west gap creek road, Greer, SC 29651.
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I bet that they will accept a copy printed out from your post.
                          Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                            I bet that they will accept a copy printed out from your post. Robert Kapteyn
                            Probably so, Bob. I can't imagine them returning someone's check for $12 with a subscription order and that printout. But I'm not in a position to say that. BP

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              Sure, Bob...you can send it to 303 west gap creek road, Greer, SC 29651.
                              Hmmm.....that doesn't sound very close to Minnesota, John.... BP

Comment

Working...
                              X