PDA

View Full Version : 37 coupe on ebay

ddub
11-07-2014, 06:53 PM
were they two toned like this from the factory?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351217888280?forcerRptr=true&item=351217888280&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

Corvanti
11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
i don't know (and doubt) if the paint was like that when it came off the line. Mr. Quinn?

i sure wouldn't kick it out of my 'cave, if she is as advertised. a major plus are all the underbody pics!:)

SN-60
11-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Great looking Stude.....would be a blast to tool around in!

Bullet
11-07-2014, 09:11 PM
That model is my favorite pre-war model. 15-20 years ago one like this ran in the great American race. It was silver/burgundy two tone. That is when I fell in love with this model. Just perfect.

Mark

jclary
11-07-2014, 09:42 PM
I love these fat fendered Studebakers. The overdrive is a big plus. If I could get my hands on one...surgery would be required to remove the grin off my face.

DrDon
11-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Two things. I don't think there were any two tone 37s. RTQ might have different info but I am guessing not.
Second, I was privileged to inherit my Granddad's 37 Doctor's Coupe- one owner. He was an MD, and carried
three medical bags on the shelf behind the driver's seat: OB, Surgical, and Medicine. He carried the one needed
into the home at each house call. Sweet car. Bought a "pickup" which matched it for $10 from a local farmer.
Turned out the "pickup" was a Coupe Express! I guess I am the luckiest 37 owner on the planet-- two great
iconic Studes for a total of $10. (not counting restoration expenses. ):D

Studebaker Wheel
11-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Neither the paint colors nor the combination was a standard offering in '37. One could argue that it could have been special ordered but I would dare say none ever left the factory that way. Not sure that is all that important unless one was really interested in authenticity and planned to go for trophies. Really a matter of personal preference. While the 1936 and 1937 Coupes are rare when compared to any of the big three they are not particularly rare as far as Studebakers are concerned. Keep in mind that there were only three body styles offered and the 4-door comprised nearly 80% of the production.

Sam Ensley
11-08-2014, 12:03 AM
There might have been a '37 coupe in the Great American Race, but the only one from that era that I remember was a '36 coupe owned by George Rittenour from around Knoxville, Tennessee. It was in the race and the colors are exactly as you described.

EssexExport
11-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Looks really good. I'd venture to say most 1937 rides have been repainted at least once.

kurtruk
11-08-2014, 08:48 PM
Love these cars! Could some one explain the starting procedure with the "stock pull starter" as described in the ad?

DrDon
11-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Love these cars! Could some one explain the starting procedure with the "stock pull starter" as described in the ad?
There were two different starter setups. The "stock pull starter" is nothing more than a dash pull knob that attaches through a flexible shaft to the top of the starter. Pull on it, and the copper contacts come together to electrify the starter. There was also a setup called the Startix. Since I have never seen it, I can't explain, but I am sure someone else out there knows.

t walgamuth
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM
There were two different starter setups. The "stock pull starter" is nothing more than a dash pull knob that attaches through a flexible shaft to the top of the starter. Pull on it, and the copper contacts come together to electrify the starter. There was also a setup called the Startix. Since I have never seen it, I can't explain, but I am sure someone else out there knows.

Sounds like the one on my bugeye sprite. No solenoid. My 37 chebby was similar but had a push pedal which acted directly to the starter switch...sweet, one less electrical device to keep working!;)