power window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power window motor

are the window motors exclusive to stude. avantis and early ll's or is there an exchange with some other popular cars of that vintage? thank you!
    gfperry

Ford also used that same motor in some of their station wagon models back in the sixties. (for power window in tailgate)

Comment

I remember when I went through my #1 Avanti that the power window motors had a Ford part number printed on them. I don't remember the number though.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thunderbirds, too. The Ford repro vendors all carry them.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Here's the Ford part number: C1AZ-14553-A
          Skip Lackie

Comment

In Studebaker land, I believe that the Avanti power window motor is the same as the one used for 1963-1966 wagon tailgate windows.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Last year someone on this forum broadcasted about how he changed his motors to another aftermarket type. I'm about to do the same and will have a pictoral when it's finished. Right now its being held up by a diversion that will be finished in a week or so...
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I got SEVEN of these motors out of a '60 Lincoln town car! I'm sure 58 and 59 Lincoln Town Cars used the same.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What would you want for a pair?
                  64 GT Hawk (K7)
                  1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

thanks to all of you for your help. always knew fords were good for something! would any of you who might dabble in the avanti ll know if there is such a thing as a numerical part number list such as the studes have? i got a few new parts with this car that are packaged with similar numbers to studes but start with "17" instead of the common 15'S. thank again
                    gfperry

Comment

That Ford part number, C1AZ, shows that part was first used on a 1961 Ford F.S.C., ie; Galaxie, Fairlane, etc.

Comment

You might check into the cost of having your original window motors rebuilt. About six years ago I had mine rebuilt for about $45 each which was far less than the $200 the reproduction motors cost.
                        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by arkusvt View Post
                          thanks to all of you for your help. always knew fords were good for something! would any of you who might dabble in the avanti ll know if there is such a thing as a numerical part number list such as the studes have? i got a few new parts with this car that are packaged with similar numbers to studes but start with "17" instead of the common 15'S. thank again
                          I would love to be proven wrong, but I think the answer is "no". I have never seen such a listing of Avanti II part numbers, though it must exist in some form. When I need something that is obviously not a Stude part, I either ask a question here or call Dan Booth at Nostalgic Motor Cars.
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

The Ford only interchanges if we are talking about Avanti power windows. They weren't the only Studes with power windows.
                            Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948
                            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

other Studes used mopar motors

Comment

Working...
                              X