PDA

View Full Version : This Speedster on Ebay..

64V-K7
11-04-2014, 07:06 PM
... has a few issues
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-Studebaker-Lemon-Lime-VINTAGE-OLD-1950s-1955-STUDEBAKER-President-2Dr-Hardtop-K-Body-Car-/221589776403?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3397c7a813&item=221589776403&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Bad upholstery, No tach, A 289 and if the oil cooler is for the trans, it can't be a DG250... Plus the guy is whining about Child Protective Services....

SN-60
11-04-2014, 07:48 PM
See: 'Counting '55 President Speedsters' for the story on this car.

PackardV8
11-04-2014, 09:11 PM
For an opening bid of $21,000, I'd drive it proudly.

Vintage Garish Wild Lemon-Lime Color!

Car WILL NOT leave my possession until specifics confirmed.. I work on numerous old cars .. sometimes do not have time to check out everything

If it is NOT a true 'Speedster' the price is negotiable .

Engine is 289 cu.in. but do have the 259n cu. in. engine in Arizona .. the carb. here in San Jose, Calif. That carb. is in a plastic bag installed when rebuilt about 3 years ago ..

Will confirm more numbers

Car to be purchased 'as is condition' ..

Engine is very tight .. low miles .. not driven for many years .

Seats ARE NOT the TJ 'diamond' .. got these upgraded seats

CPS seized my 2 young children May 6, 2014, and I have not been able to give my full attention to my auctions

I have been at wits end trying to recover my 12yr old (a Honor student for 2 semesters! and my 7yr old who has shown signs of abuse at her foster 'mom'.

Each foster 'home' gets $3000/mo per child, $6000/mo per disabled child

LEGALLY KIDNAPPED

Maybe one can feel his pain, but an eBay auction is not Judge Judy. By the time I was through reading, I'd begun to get worried about how he'd be to deal with. Maybe one should not load bad kharma on a business transaction and expect to receive a premium price.

jack vines

candbstudebakers
11-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I know the owner and the car so if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask , the auction is put up by his daughter, he has a ton of money into the car but read the auction and it says it all, just ask question if you have any.....Bob

JoeHall
11-04-2014, 10:30 PM
That car has all the makings of an excellent driver, but $21K is probably more than the market will bear. I agree, the CPS lament does not help the ad, which looks like an older, cut & paste anyway. But maybe the venting helps the apparently grief stricken father/seller a little.