Priming The 53 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priming The 53 Engine

T.O. and I finally got off and on today and got the engine primed. Moving to the accessories next and then back on test stand.

Cute kid, that is one really R3 RED V8!
    What are those odd looking Brackets on the back of the Heads?
    They look like some kind of engine lifting tool, but they would not be bolted to 5/16" Bolts and have sending unit holes in them.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Is that the kid that was asking his grandfather what his favorate video game was when he was growing up?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Cute kid, that is one really R3 RED V8!
        What are those odd looking Brackets on the back of the Heads?
        They look like some kind of engine lifting tool, but they would not be bolted to 5/16" Bolts and have sending unit holes in them.
        That cute kid (Thank you) takes after his Grandfather LOL. Those brackets are for the Avanti wire looms, I am using on the 53. The fitting on the left is for a mechanical gauge and the one on the right is just a plug. I had to drill a hole in the bracket for it to fit flat.

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
          Is that the kid that was asking his grandfather what his favorate video game was when he was growing up?
          How did you know???????? He is not yet five and works the phone apps better than I do. Course he is 4 and I am 70, so if you average it out we are 37. That makes us a great team. LOL

Comment

Looking good Tex. You missed a great show and swap meet this weekend in Lineville.
            BTW show me your run-in stand and I'll show you mine.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Tell T.O. that when smoke stars coming from that Drill it's time to let it cool!
              It is amazing how much force it takes to pump that Oil.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X