Anybody seen these rims before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen these rims before?

Well it has been a while.................. We started this project back in July of 2013. Going slow but still moving. Here are some pics of our progress. Anyone selling a windshield or the passenger door glass? Any ideas on adding a master cylinder (non stock)? What size/type master cylinder to handle a 305 Chevy with a 350 tranny? And per the title any one scene these type of rims? Are they racing rims? The lug nuts are larger than any normal lug nut. Studs have special mounts that go over the stud.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 53 Studebaker; 10-29-2014, 04:33 PM.

Or passenger door glass, lol

Comment

Your wheels are vintage Appliance brand "striker" wheels, they use what is called a "roto-lug" system to attach them.
      Here is a thread on another forum that shows several pictures and how they were used.

On the glass I would just purchase it all new.
      Here is an eBay listing that has all the glass you asked about.

Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

Personally, if you plan to drive the car I would suggest you upgrade to disc brakes and use the recommended M/C for the kit. Jim Turner is a forum member and sells disc brake upgrades for your car, http://www.turnerbrake.com/ All my Studes have discs and it's the only way to deal with today's crazies on the road.

Bob

Comment

I concur with post#3. They were indeed manufactured by Appliance Industries circa late 70's, early 80's. The two piece Roto-Lug was a nightmare then and can only be worse 30 years later. They were trying to make it so you had to use their lugs exclusively and not competitors' products. There was an aftermarket company in the late 80's that did produce their own version (presumably NOT under license) but I can't recall their name. The Appliance brand I believe had their stylized "A" embossed on their parts.
          If it were me I'd look into replacing them with replica wheels as posted a little earlier and use conventional wheel lugs.
          Bill

Comment

I got a new windshield for my '53 from Phillips and the installer was impressed with the fit, as well as the seal from SI. Your flat door glass can be cut by any local auto glass shop.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
              I concur with post#3.
              If it were me I'd look into replacing them with replica wheels as posted a little earlier and use conventional wheel lugs.
              Bill
              no need to toss those wheels...just replace the roto-lugs with proper lug nuts and eccentric washers. I did exactly that with my Appliance wheels on my Studebaker with satisfactory results, way easier to use than those dumb roto-lugs. Got mine from an e-bay vendor from Florida IIRC. I may even have the invoice if I do some digging to get the name of the outfit . Let me know if you want more info. Cheers, Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
              X