• Show
Clear All

• new use for door locks

Click image for larger version

Name:	doorlock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1744998

When I upgraded my car, I wanted it to look original. The door locks were changed to bear claw latches and I had pins installed to lock the doors. I left the door locks in the doors just for show but they were not hooked up to anything. I had some trouble with the pins and was unable to unlock the car because of it. I had Wayne hook up my door locks so they would work the power windows. He set them up so they would run the windows but only in one direction. Since I wanted to be able to either lock the car or unlock the car from the inside should the pins fail, I had him set the passenger side to roll down and the driver side to roll up. Now I can open the window and reach in to open the pins manually when needed.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Are "Pins" those inside door lock push pull buttons that all '53 and on cars have???

Sounds way to complicated for a simple minded Stude. owner to understand.
    The '47 to '52 Studes. have the best, most solid closing Doors and latches, way better than '53 and on. I would not change what is not broken.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The pins are electronic door pins that secure all 4 doors to the B pillar. It's not Studebaker stuff. Everything was broken on this car when I started.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
      X