Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark Windshield Problems in Nashville

Hello folks,
    I recently bought a used windshield at the SE Zone meet. It looked like the right one and the seller and a few witnesses all believed it to be the correct one for my 62 Lark.
    Upon paying a man to replace it and after removing the old one, the top corners on the old existing windshield come to a bit of a point while the replacement windshield has more of a rounded effect at the top corners. Obviously not the right model...although it looks very close.

Now I have to source another windshield. They all seem to come from California and cost $500 plus to get delivered to TN. Is there a used windshield for a "driver" that exists somewhere in the world that I can get my hands on at a better price?

Thanks in advance,
    Herb

Phillips Classis Auto Glass is much closer to you than California, and they REALLY like Studebakers too.

Phone 573-785-1927
    3782 S. Westwood Blvd.
    Poplar Bluff, MO 63901

Comment

Thanks Mr Skyway.

Comment

You most likely have a '59-'60 Lark & Champ Truck Windshield.

A '61-'62 Lark is not nearly as common and harder to find.
        If it is any help, I have a New one here still in the box.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the insight...I may make somebody a deal on the 59-60 version.
          Just for information gathering, what might the new one in the box set me back if I were to go that route?

Comment

Originally posted by Java lark View Post
            Thanks for the insight...I may make somebody a deal on the 59-60 version.
            Just for information gathering, what might the new one in the box set me back if I were to go that route?
            To you $325.00 + Shipping & Insurance from 98248 usually about $125.00.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pretty good deal there. The guy from Missouri is calling me tomorrow with availability and it may be quicker to drive up and get it and save the shipping. We shall see.
              It keeps getting better...my wife just pulled in the garage and ran over the 59-60 version...so now it is a total loss. The gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

I thought that sort of thing only happened to me! I used to have a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda and one of my friends had one at one time,too. He had some parts left over and one night he came over to drop off the parts, one of which was the huge rear window. You guessed it- as he was passing me the window from his truck, I lost my grip and down went the window. The glass was still crackling for about fifteen minutes! We stood there in stunned silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Java lark View Post
                  ...my wife just pulled in the garage and ran over the 59-60 version...so now it is a total loss. The gift that keeps on giving.
                  Hmmm. in the long run that might be good! "the wife" may be more forgiving in parts expenses/time spent with the Lark. it may not last too long, so get as much as you can - while you can!!!
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Bless your Heart,Herb! I feel your pain, and wish I could help but I don't have an extra glass. Neil
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

I have a 61 but guess where? California and I don't ship glass, sorry
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

First of all, you are welcome.

That said, regarding your total loss:
                        My best story is that once upon a time I bought a Commander 6 water distribution tube from Packard Farm. My old one was of sheet metal had LOTS of holes rusted thru. The replacement part was also made of sheet metal, and it arrived in a shipping tube. Someone in my family thought the shipping tube was empty and threw the whole thing away. I re-ordered, and the second one was made of brass! Not a bad thing at all!

Comment

W/S available in Georgia for $344...http://www.metropartsmarket.com/glas...ss-c15s13.html

W/S available in California for $308...http://www.classicdiscountparts.com/...indshield.html

(plus shipping, of course)

Google is your friend. (search for DW614)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Might be one local, check your PM's

Comment

Auto Glass Int quoted me one for the Champ several years ago. I think they are nationwide. I dont remember what the quote was but it wasnt terrible. Steve
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X