Need Avanti Gas Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Avanti Gas Gauge

I need a gas gauge for a 1963 Avanti. I already tried Dave Thiebult in Mass, and he referred me to Auto. Instruments in Virginia, who said they can't fix it. So I need to buy a good used one. Please PM or call me 908 489 6943. Jim Glass NJ Thanks.

Need A 1963 Avanti Gas Gauge
    I need a gas gauge for a 1963 Avanti. I already tried Dave Thiebult in Mass, and he referred me to Auto. Instruments in Virginia, who said they can't fix it. So I need to buy a good used one. Please PM or call me 908 489 6943. Jim Glass NJ Thanks.

Comment

Use one from a GT hawk. If you wish, you can swap in the inner mechanism into the Avanti case and change the faceplate. The faceplates can be un-crimped and slipped over the needle. Paint the needle and you have an Avanti fuel gauge. Be very careful not to damage the very fine wire of the inner mechanism. This is what usually renders them defunct.

Comment

I think there is one on ebay.

Comment

I couldn't find an Avanti gauge....can you post the link?? Also anyone reading this: Do you have one???

Comment

Thanks WCP...is that the only answer? Are these impossible to get??? I mean we'll pay decent money for a good one.

Comment

Working...
            X