I wood go with 4 out of 5.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

1975 Seville, MEH!!!

Try this one in it's place or it's 4-door brother, the Eldorado Brougham.

Bob

Comment

Not bad considering how many times so-called car writers get it all wrong.

Comment

And they called that Starliner a Starlight. But, oh well, at least they had the taste to include it.

Comment

Please note that to the writer, elegant is different from "Flashy"...which is why no finned monsters of the 50s-60s are included.

The idea is to be understated....something many U.S. car firms (yes, GM, I'm looking at you) have had trouble with.
                And sometimes they still do. Compare a new Corvette to a new Ferrari. Count the vents (which contrast from body color). The new Corvette makes an international joke about American styling and tastes.
                The 75 Seville was a nice car and was one of the few Cadillacs to be genuinely admired in Europe.

And Fox haters please note: the story is from Hagerty insurance.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I would have placed the Avanti above the Cadillac Seville....... but what do I know...

Comment

I note the Studebaker is the oldest car in that group.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I would have put the Avanti in place of either the Saville or the 53 (ducking for cover).
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

It's pretty obvious my view of ELEGANT differs from Fox and Hagerty. I'd like to see those cars put in order of "Elegance" by a vote, something tells me the Seville would finish sixth out of the five.

My thoughts remain - MEH!!! on the Seville.
                        Last edited by showbizkid; 10-28-2014, 08:30 AM. Reason: Quote removal

Comment

If you count the 1954 same as 1953 my father owns two on this list (the other being a beautiful 1956 Lincoln).
                          When I was a kid we had a 1976(?) Seville. I always liked the style,. but the build quality was POOR. The door panels were coming off and it was less than a few years old. I don't remember much else.
                          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            When I was a kid we had a 1976(?) Seville. I always liked the style, but the build quality was POOR. The door panels were coming off and it was less than a few years old. I don't remember much else.
                            Don't you remember when it quit running, Scott, as they were prone to do with that early fuel injection? <GGG> BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              Don't you remember when it quit running, Scott, as they were prone to do with that early fuel injection? <GGG> BP
                              I guess I'd have to ask my dad about that one, Bob. It was by no means the worst car we owned in the 1970s (a Ford LTD wagon and a 1965 Mustang convertible with a gas leak come to mind).
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                              X