Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help! Looking for a classic Studebaker car for Wedding!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! Looking for a classic Studebaker car for Wedding!!!!

Growing up in South Bend, I have always loved Studebaker cars and I would love to use one in my Wedding. Unfortunately, there aren't any classic car rental companies in town so my hope is that I could find a proud owner who would allow me the privelage to use as transportation to and from my wedding ceremony. Obviously, the owner would be compensated. My wedding is July 4, 2015 in South Bend, Indiana. I am looking for a Studebaker car similar to the attached. If you are interested in helping my dream come true or know of anyone who you think would be interested, please contact me.

Thank You!
    Attached Files

That '38 Coupe is essentially a two passenger car so if the wedding "get-away" party is more than 2 people it would no be very practical! I do know of several cars that would be perfect in the S.B. area. Send a p.m. and I can provide details.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

If the wedding was in Wisconsin, we have members and vendors there, too!
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

For your "compenstion", make it a gift, like an "envelope" passed. Unless the car has the proper registration and insurance and the driver has the proper license (Class E in NY), it would be illegal to "rent" a collector car. In the case of an accident, no matter who is at fault, the owner may be out the value of his car as well as getting a citation. I do not want to scare you or a potential supplier of a Studebaker. I just want you to keep it legal for your own benefit.

With that said, I believe that the SNM (Studebaker National Museum), in South Bend, has provided cars for wedding usage.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,

Give the guy a break. Legally you are probably correct. Your first sentence sounds like a shady/bribe....Really?? He just wants to ride in a part of American car history. Quit being the self proclaimed "Enthusiast" and more of a supporter of the iconic first American car since the wagon.

Elgrerand, I got a ride for you in Florida if you want to wed in a warm climate. 1962 Gran Turismo Hawk (I would Drive)

Jim Studebaker
          Studebaker1962

Comment

Jim, Gary's advice is very well founded. I know more than one person who has been severely fined and had antique registration revoked for using their vehicle commercially. If your impression is that such "appreciation" is arranged in advance, then I can understand your concern. Slightly shady.
            I had a request to chauffeur a couple to the prom in my Rockne and I refused any compensation. Once at the prom he handed me an envelope with a card and some cash. More than covered my gas and I enjoyed it, as did others attending, including the commercial drivers of the stretched limos.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-GEDC0422.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1692553 Out California way, Trucks seem to be popular...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2-GEDC0430.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1692554

Comment

Thank you for the info! I sent you a pm!

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                  That '38 Coupe is essentially a two passenger car so if the wedding "get-away" party is more than 2 people it would no be very practical! I do know of several cars that would be perfect in the S.B. area. Send a p.m. and I can provide details.
                  Thank you for the info! I sent you a pm!

Comment

Working...
                  X