Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting your Field Marshall Diesel Tractor

An interesting clip from Ingvar Vik:

'Gives us some good ideas for the next guy who wants to know how to get his 6-volt Studebaker to start faster! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I just showed this video to our Grounds Supervisor here at the school and he has never seen anything like it before. He suggested that once started, it was likely left running all day (or more).
    Thanks for sharing this Bob. Fascinating.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Many ship-engines I came across has a similar way of starting, you put a cigarettebut-looking thing in the head.
      The one taking the longest time to start was a V-10... & it's not in your everage hight either, climbing is involved.
      (We almost bought that ship 'cause it was so clean & well kept but the final price wasn't right but later on when we already bought the one we have now they called back... it was good we didn't thou, it would've been a pain in fuel-consumption since it had a turbine-drive, a bit like an automatic gearbox turbine, so the engine revs stays the same all the time & that can be expensive.)

Comment

Maybe Craig (8E45E) might be able to confirm this, but I believe there is one of those in the Reynolds Farm Machinery Museum in Alberta. I know there is one of these:

Aufnahmen vom Traktorentreffen im erzgebirgischen Burkhardtsdorf.Man sieht das anlassen zweier Lanz Bulldogs, nachdem sie mit dem Brenner vorgeheizt wurden.S...

Both of them were available in Canada.

Terry
        Last edited by dictator27; 10-21-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Ain't youse guys never watched the original "Flight of the Phoenix" with Jimmy Stewart and Hardy Kruger?
          Shotgun shells is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
            Maybe Craig (8E45E) might be able to confirm this, but I believe there is one of those in the Reynolds Farm Machinery Museum in Alberta. I know there is one of these:
            Yes they do have one, and give demonstrations starting it in summer once in a while. I have personally never seen someone start it, but I know some have, including the owner of the '29 Dodge covered in snow in the other thread.

Craig

Comment

That is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                Ain't youse guys never watched the original "Flight of the Phoenix" with Jimmy Stewart and Hardy Kruger?
                Shotgun shells is the way to go!
                Just what I was thinking!
                Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Working...
                X