Studebaker Comic - "Turning Wheels: the Studebaker Story" - complete pdf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Comic - "Turning Wheels: the Studebaker Story" - complete pdf

About 6 months ago I bought an old copy of the Studebaker Comic - "Turning Wheels: the Studebaker Story"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker Comic Cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1744937

I scanned it, cleaned it up in PhotoShop, and created a pdf of it.

I wasn't sure what to do with it, but now that I'm in charge of the site for the Central Florida Chapter I finally had a place to put it/distribute it.

Please go to the website at www.cfcsdc.com and take a look under the "FUN" tab.

Have FUN

Phillip

Thank you SO much! I"ve always wanted to see one of these! You did a really excellent job on the scan, too.

I really appreciate your sharing this with the rest of us!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Now you all know where Larry Swanson came up with the idea of changing the name of The SDC Bulletin to Turning Wheels. It was from that "comic" book. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Phillip.

Nice work! With your permission, I would love to post this on the main Studebaker Drivers Club web site. Would that be OK with you?
        - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
        SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
          Thank you SO much! I"ve always wanted to see one of these! You did a really excellent job on the scan, too.

I really appreciate your sharing this with the rest of us!
          You're welcome!

I've been trying to hone my graphic arts skills, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Glad you liked it!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelsm View Post
            Hi Phillip.

Nice work! With your permission, I would love to post this on the main Studebaker Drivers Club web site. Would that be OK with you?
            Mark, be my guest - glad I came up with something that would be helpful!

Phillip

Comment

Great job and thanks for making it available to all of us!!
              Nick

Comment

Thanks very much for preparing this and posting it!

Comment

Very nice, and my birth year, 1954, to boot!
                  Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by pbrown View Post
                    Mark, be my guest - glad I came up with something that would be helpful!
                    Thank you, Phillip! I have posted it on the "Just For Fun" page of the Studebaker Drivers Club web site:
                    - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
                    SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

Comment

Phillip, you did an incredible job putting all that together. It's very easy to read. I wish I had your skills.
                      Rog
                      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                      Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Regional Manager

Good morning Phillip.

Wonderful job. SDC is fortunate to have someone with your interest and talent contributing to the Club's well-being. With the Florida State Meet coming up and still without a candidate for Regional Manager for Florida, why don't you consider putting your name up. You might like to discuss it with your fellow members at the meet. Let me know your thoughts, either on the Forum or by PM.

Stu Chapman
                        Elections Coordinator

Comment

Regarding that comic book. Wasn't it part of the 1952 Centennial celebration? Somewhere, in my "stuff," I have one of those publications. I think I bought it at one of the large swap meets at York, Reedsville, or perhaps at a national meet. Anyway, I was unaware of its significance until a fellow member (I forget who) explained that it was part of the huge public information campaign surrounding Studebaker's 1952 centennial year.

Wouldn't surprise me if Richard Quinn has a box of them...never opened.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                            Regarding that comic book. Wasn't it part of the 1952 Centennial celebration? Somewhere, in my "stuff," I have one of those publications. I think I bought it at one of the large swap meets at York, Reedsville, or perhaps at a national meet. Anyway, I was unaware of its significance until a fellow member (I forget who) explained that it was part of the huge public information campaign surrounding Studebaker's 1952 centennial year.

Wouldn't surprise me if Richard Quinn has a box of them...never opened.
                            Well, you are (almost) correct. I did have a box full!! Sold a lot over the years but still have a few pristine unopened copies. Actually this was not a Centennial item since it was not issued until a few years later in 1954 (as was mentioned above). There has been a fellow at the May South Bend swap meet who was selling reprints. I never checked them for quality because i had several originals.
                            Richard Quinn
                            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Thanks, Phillip. It's a truly amazing job of recreating something of great interest I (and probably many others) never knew even existed.
                              Excellent work.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X