Looking for a hood for my 64 Daytona Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a hood for my 64 Daytona Wagonaire

I know it's a long shot, but last night a tree limb fell and CRUSHED the hood on my wagonaire. I have no idea where I'm going to find another, but the car is so straight and rust free that I want a good hood instead of a wrinkled up hood.

I'm in Chattanooga TN, I'm willing to travel some for a good one. If someone has a drivers side fender that also got dented, but I think it's salvageable.

Thanks

All of us Studebaker Drivers Club Members know where to go for things like this, you will find Membership very enjoyable and your Monthly Issue of "Turning "Wheels" the BEST!

Here is another place where you find these things:
    http://studebakervendors.com

New NOS Hoods and Fenders are available right in the Home of Studebaker where they always were!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by IntrstlarOvrdrve View Post
      I know it's a long shot, but last night a tree limb fell and CRUSHED the hood on my wagonaire. I have no idea where I'm going to find another, but the car is so straight and rust free that I want a good hood instead of a wrinkled up hood.

I'm in Chattanooga TN, I'm willing to travel some for a good one. If someone has a drivers side fender that also got dented, but I think it's salvageable.

Thanks
      A NOS '64-66 Studebaker hood can be bought for $450 at Studebaker International (317) 462-3124; www.studebaker-intl.com. They must be getting thinner on stock; that's more expensive than '62-63 Lark hoods they have in stock. It is part no. 1358424P.

The left front fender for a '64-66 is also still available NOS at the same place. Part no. 1358147. $225.00
      Last edited by Bill Pressler; 10-19-2014, 02:44 PM.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

I have both, give me a call at 501 247 6828.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

I have some used stuff in fair condition in South Georgia.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

What color is the car? I almost think there are enough good hoods around one can easily find one in the same color as yours, where at least the underside might not have to be repainted at all.

Craig

Comment

This has given me a lot of hope, I was seriously bummed last night.

My car is blue, but it was sprayed that color sometime before I bought it. It was originally gold..I was planning on having it resprayed anyhow. I'll have to call stude intl if it comes to it, I'm going to give some people here a shout first thought.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0234.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	1692565Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1692562Can you use this? Surface rust,but all there.
                Attached Files
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                X