1925 studebaker duplex roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1925 studebaker duplex roadster

I have a 1925 Studebaker ER duplex roadster and I wonder if anybody could tell how to get soft top removed from car so I could replace some wood frame and where I could get top and side pull down windows redone thanks Don

Hopefully some Antique Studebaker Club guys will chime in here....
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

There is more to this job than meets the eye.

Start by removing the toe board.
      Remove the bolts holding the steering column to the dash board and loosen the bolts at the steering gear box to allow the steering column to drop a few inches. Remove the screws holding garnish moulding above the instrument panel.
      Remove the screws holding the instrument panel to the cowl and lower the panel, keeping it upright.
      Remove the binding and tacks holding the top material to the rear body panel and rear quarter top support by starting about 12 inches up the support on one side. Work your way down the support, around the back of the body and up the other support to the same height.
      Peel back the top material.
      Remove the wood screws holding the rear quarter top supports to the trim rail at the rear corners of the body.
      Remove the binding and tacks holding the rear quarter upholstery in place.
      Remove the nuts and washers from the studs holding the top to the body.
      Remove the two screws holding the front top supports to the cowl.
      Lift the top off the body.

Terry

Comment

Working...
      X