Why is Avanti Sending Unit Listed As 16 Volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Why is Avanti Sending Unit Listed As 16 Volt

This is a follow up to a previous post...(Thanks for the help there finding an easy way to get at the sending unit and tests). So my friend wants to buy a new 1963 Avanti fuel sending unit. He calls me and asks why that unit only is listed in S/I catalog page 185 part # 1555957 as a 16 volt part.

How can this work if the battery is 12 volt? Are they all 16 volt? Confused!!

Thanks. Jim

I don't see that in any of my SI catalogs, or online either. If it really does say that somewhere, it's just a simple misprint.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I do see the "16-volt" in my SI catalog. I believe that it is a misprint.
      You might want to contact Ed R. so that he may change it in future catalogs/listings (assuming that it is in error).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My friend called to order the part....it's a typo. It is only in the NEWEST catalog with the helping dad drawing on the cover with the bus in the picture...newest like last two weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
          My friend called to order the part....it's a typo. It is only in the NEWEST catalog with the helping dad drawing on the cover with the bus in the picture...newest like last two weeks!
          That error is in my SI catalog that I have had for more than a month.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X