No announcement yet.

Stude Aluminum Intake Question (141019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Stude Aluminum Intake Question (141019)

Bob is selling some interesting parts on the other part of the forum....
    He has this aluminum intake listed.

My question for the guru's.......

What are the two screws in the exhaust crossover passage used for?

Some kind of a shield?

Curious mind wants to know....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Just a WAG, but the screws could be to anchor whatever material was used to block the crossover passages. The repeated heating/cooling and corrosive effect of the exhaust gasses loosens whatever is put in there. I've seen them stuffed full of aluminum foil, poured full of melted aluminum, filled with furnace cement.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

I like the fact that the owner removed the divider from the plenum, then realised that that wasn't such a good idea and put it back in...or some/most of it anyway.

The curious places of the placement of the screws also. Different angles and different locations in the port.

Mike

Comment

If I understand correctly to what exactly you are referring, it seems that someone tried to "put back" the plenum divider that was probably removed previously, and I expect for good reason. I do not think what you are seeing is really in the exhaust cross-over since I doubt this even has one cast into it at all.

Comment

No... I'm talking about the two slot head screws in the exhaust crossover runners out by the flanges.
          The quadrajet mods aren't what I was asking about.

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
          If I understand correctly to what exactly you are referring, it seems that someone tried to "put back" the plenum divider that was probably removed previously, and I expect for good reason. I do not think what you are seeing is really in the exhaust cross-over since I doubt this even has one cast into it at all.
          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-20-2014, 07:53 AM.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jeff; Those appear to be 1/8" taper pipe plugs, for what I don't know, you would have to ask the one who put them in there.

Comment

Hey guys could this be the beginnings of manifold heat tubes being installed by past owner? Normal heat stove passage is blanked out. Their a bit small but i've seen stranger things under Stude hood's. Doofus

Comment

Working...
              X