Rear sway bar needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear sway bar needed

I know this is a more or less a duplicate post, but here goes.

I am in need of an OE rear anti-sway bar assy. (as in EVERYTHING) for Buttercup.
    For the 1 or 2 people in the world that doesn't know what Buttercup is; she, he, or it (gender won't be determined until she, he, or it is on the road, if ever) is a 1955 Studebaker Commander coupe. Pictured below.
    Can anyone help.
    PM me with what you have to offer.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Jerry,
    Since you specified OE, we can assume your don't want a new kit from T-bow or SI?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jerry,
      If you have problems sourcing a bar we are currently having them made here in Australia, as well as the mounting hardware.

Studebaker of Australia
      Matt
      Brisbane
      Australia
      sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Hey Matt - what is the cost of your kit without the spring plates and do you have an idea of the shipping costs? I would like to put one on my Sky Hawk. Thanks - Rowan - New Jersey 07076

Comment

Would someone PM me the phone number for Tom K. in South Bend (he doesn't do computers) (I can't spell his last name therefore the search function is useless this time). I'll bet even money he has one.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Tom Karkiewicz (574) 287-5834 is not on the forum.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jerry,
              I know you specified an OE part, but I will tell you that I got the entire unit, bar, mounting haredware, plate and all, from T[-bow for my Cruiser. and it works great. By he way also got the oversized front bar from him as well and again it is a great piece.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I have one on a 55 president state 4 door if I part it out then I would sell it but the line of people wanting it might be long, the car is 95% rust free and really don't want to part it out V-8 4 bld carb, butter knife side trim the state cars had gold trim on the inside need to be restored and no title at this time, $700.00 for the car as it sits, some one buy it then you have a sway bar. it must be an early on with the flat windshield.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  I have one on a 55 president state 4 door if I part it out then I would sell it but the line of people wanting it might be long, the car is 95% rust free and really don't want to part it out V-8 4 bld carb, butter knife side trim the state cars had gold trim on the inside need to be restored and no title at this time, $700.00 for the car as it sits, some one buy it then you have a sway bar. it must be an early on with the flat windshield.
                  Thanks Bob, I know you've heard this quite a few times, 'If it were only closer, I'd buy that car'. I know it's a sedan, but a early '55 259-4V for $700. A deal.

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  it must be an early on with the flat windshield.
                  Please expand on this. Do you mean the sway bar I use on Buttercup has to be from an early '55 and no other model Studes will work?
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Please expand on this. Do you mean the sway bar I use on Buttercup has to be from an early '55 and no other model Studes will work?[/QUOTE]

I think he's just saying that his President is an early (pre Jan. 55) flat windshield model for anyone interested in buying the whole car. The sway bars would be all the same.

Comment

The rear sway bar from any 53 and newer Studebaker car will fit.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                        The rear sway bar from any 53 and newer Studebaker car will fit.
                        That's what I thought, but Bob's comment had me confused.
                        Thanks.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                          That's what I thought, but Bob's comment had me confused.
                          Thanks.
                          You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            You're welcome!
                            Oops, didn't mean to slight you.
                            Thanks to you too Ed.
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

That is what I meant, car must be early because of the flat windshield...Bob
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X