PDA

View Full Version : What are the options for the 1950 Champion steering wheel chrome?

Iroll
10-14-2014, 07:01 PM
I have a chrome horn part on my 1950 Champion. It extends a few inches past each side of the 'button'. I have seen other cars of the same year with a full circle chrome horn ring. My question is what were the options for a 1950? Are the full rings an original option, and if so do they fit onto the same holes exactly as does the one I have? Also, my horn button has hazy plastic. It has the Studebaker badge the same as what is on the hood, but smaller. I am trying to locate a replacement. Was this a 1 year only part specific to this car? Do other year buttons fit? I have found several others but they do not look the same, but if they fit I would consider a different year button to get a clean one that is a press on button.

Roscomacaw
10-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Several vendors carry that plastic emblem. I think they sell for about a hundred. They ARE pretty tho! There was a half ring horn bar in '50 as well. It used the same emblem as you have and the same inner pieces as well. It would also fit in place of the horn bar you now have.

Roscomacaw
10-15-2014, 04:30 PM
38489 Here's the two rings offered for 1950 Champions (there was also a simple button that came with a different wheel). The one emblem looks gold, but that's only because the red has faded with the years. BTW, the half-ring horn bar could be yours if you were interested. That's WITHOUT the plastic emblem!)