A 1963 Standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1963 Standard

Appears to be a 1963 standard 2-door but it would need alot of love to save it.

sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Golly, Joe, you're right about needing a lot to save it. 'Doesn't really look all that structurally bad, however. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gee - I grew up in that tiny burg of Temperance, MI. Some of you might remember my old moniker: StudeBob. Interestingly - independent of that, another fella from Temperance started selling under the name, StudeBob, on ebay some years ago. He offered parts and collectibles for the Studebaker enthusiast. Bob Grove was his name. I haven't seen any offerings from him of late. This Standard looks alot like most 5 or 7-year old cars of my youth used to look. This one looks like it would do well with a solid pair of front fenders like can be found out this way.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

When these cars came out in the mid-'63 model year, Studebaker could have used the promotional slogan, "Its 1957 all over again: The Scotsman is back!" Wasn't the battery hold down bracket an extra cost option on these models...

Comment

Maybe so on the battery hold down, mine still does not have one but it has a lot more going for it now, R-1 4 speed, 373 TT rear end, 11" fin drums, bucket seats, 65 dash, traction bars, rear sway bar, duel exhaust, 3 -2's now, ya got to love the standards half year only .

I bought this car for $200.00 back in 1990 from original owner started out as a 259 with 3 speed and no overdrive and a 307 rear end, things are different now, get up and moves.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Awww... poor little sad thing. Looks like it's been sitting there with flat tires for a long, long time. It will need, as the saying goes, everything. Maybe the best part about it is the upholstery!

Tangential question: how's come nearly all Standards seem to end up painted white?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01382.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1692466

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
              Awww... poor little sad thing. Looks like it's been sitting there with flat tires for a long, long time. It will need, as the saying goes, everything. Maybe the best part about it is the upholstery!

Tangential question: how's come nearly all Standards seem to end up painted white?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38486[/ATTACH]
              My Standard four door was Factory ordered by the State of California in "California State Gray". It came with a blue interior and they splurged for a 259 with Automatic! It was shipped to Sacramento.

Comment

I remember finding one of those California gray Standards sitting in the middle of a back yard garden years ago. Was somewhere north of Fresno.
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mine was a Blue one from factory with cheap blue interior.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Yeah - and they all end up painted white

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

My first thought was for someone who needed a dash!
                      Rob

Comment

The standard dash is one of a kind and only for that 1/2 year and junk. 64-66 easier to come by and nicer.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

The dash looked pretty good. Could be worth it just for that. The Standard 'box' could be swapped out for a regular Lark vanity.

Chris.

Comment

Yep. I'd take it, if it wasn't so far away.

I think SASCO still has a pile of those "mailboxes" on hand. I know they have new Vanity pads (or did last time I checked).

Heck, I'd take the whole interior. Those door panels would likely scrub up nicely.

Comment

The "mailbox" on the Ebay car must have been stuffed full of flyers and explains why its nearly falling off.

Maybe this GREEN mailbox meant 'no flyers'. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=vanity

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X