X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Hawk trunk lid overlay makeover

1234567890-= cheers jimmijim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jimmijim8; 10-13-2014, 08:37 AM.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Great job. That had to involve some time and labor. Maybe you should go into the business. I see a lot of them that need it.

Comment

Holy Cow! that looks GREAT! Is this a proprietary process or would you care to give a few tips? I am finishing the interior this week and will be starting the overlay soon. Very Nice Work.
      sigpic
      Tim Johnston
      Collierville TN

Comment

Looks really nice. I'll bet you get a great deal of satisfaction from the finished product.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I certainally don't mind sharing what info I have on doing these overlays up but it would be so much easier to tell someone over the phone. I spend bout' 30 hrs. spread over a months time to do one of these as all the different types of coatings{ paints} must cure in the sunlight for a few days one {step/ paint at a time. not to mention all the tedious prep.

I don't mind sharing info on doing these overlays up as it is easily done with a phone call to me. PM me for my phone number. It takes me bou't 30 hrs spread out over a months time to do one. I've done 3 this year so far all for other folk's cars. I'm not in business to do these as I'm not in business although if someone would like one done up I can find the time. cheers jimmijim

i
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

jimmijim, I found a recent post you made about your procedure. I think I have a good idea of how to start. The only thing not mentioned is how you blacken in the letters at the bottom? I will start working on it this weekend and will definitely take you up on your generous offer if I run into trouble. TimJ
            sigpic
            Tim Johnston
            Collierville TN

Comment

Blackening of the letters is done with a {Sharpie {brand} Paint Pen}available from Hobby Lobby or Michaels craft store. cheers jimmijim
              Originally posted by Timj View Post
              jimmijim, I found a recent post you made about your procedure. I think I have a good idea of how to start. The only thing not mentioned is how you blacken in the letters at the bottom? I will start working on it this weekend and will definitely take you up on your generous offer if I run into trouble. TimJ

Comment

Wow Jimmijim8. I guess I'll have to try that on my '63.
                Terrific job.
                Bill

Comment

thank you. I'm doing up a 63 right now. cheers jimmijim
                  Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                  Wow Jimmijim8. I guess I'll have to try that on my '63.
                  Terrific job.
                  Bill

Comment

I'd also like to see what you do with the '63 overlay. I'm guessing it should be easier, since the waffles don't have paint in the squares and the biggest part of aluminum on the bottom is painted. I have a couple of these to practice on....

Comment

Fine job.....Shows great patience! Detail work like this 'make' a car.

Comment

The bright anodized finish on this 63 one is long gone. I see what I can do to make it presentable. cheers jimmijim
                        Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                        I'd also like to see what you do with the '63 overlay. I'm guessing it should be easier, since the waffles don't have paint in the squares and the biggest part of aluminum on the bottom is painted. I have a couple of these to practice on....

Comment

Nice job, Jim!

Comment

Why thank you Mr. Hackenberg cheers jimmijim
                            Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                            Nice job, Jim!

Comment

Working...
                            X