Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dash Pad and Trim for '60 Lark Convertible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Dash Pad and Trim for '60 Lark Convertible?

I need a new dash pad and matching knee pad set (the trim at the bottom of the dash), for a 1960 convertible. I would appreciate any information on the options that are available. In fact, I would love for someone to tell me, "Just call XXX, they're the best."

SI and some of the other vendors have a listing for the top pad, but no one seems to list the knee pad.

I've read through all the old threads I could find on this subject, and it's left me more confused than ever. I gather there are real issues with the pad for the later cars since they were moulded, but most of those issues don't apply to me and my '60, right?

At least I need them in black, and that seems to simplify things. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Jay
    ?Wanted: Power Steering Parts for a 60 Lark.

I was able to buy the lower pieces off eBay in Blue and then sprayed them with fabric spray in black and they worked perfectly. I just masked off the silver edges. They were used but look new.

Comment

I have a set of black lower dash trim that I'd sell for $15 plus shipping. They should clean up nicely, but there is a rip by the ignition switch notch.

Comment

PM Sent!

And thanks!

Comment

Last year at the Reedsville PA swap meet, I saw new dash pads being sold. I do not remember the name of the vendor but he specialized in interior replacements. I am surprised that someone has not provided the name of the vendor before now. I restored my 60 dash by removing the top and with the help of my wife we sewed up new vinyl. A little bit of work, but much less expensive than a replacement pad. Color matches the rest of the car too!! Good luck.

Bob
          60 Lark Convert & 64 Daytona
          Bob
          Welland Ontario
          60 Lark Convertible
          64 Daytona
          sigpic
          "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
            Last year at the Reedsville PA swap meet, I saw new dash pads being sold. I do not remember the name of the vendor but he specialized in interior replacements. I am surprised that someone has not provided the name of the vendor before now. I restored my 60 dash by removing the top and with the help of my wife we sewed up new vinyl. A little bit of work, but much less expensive than a replacement pad. Color matches the rest of the car too!! Good luck.

Bob
            I suspect you're talking about Jim Lawrence:

JimLawrence
            FBN Upholstery
            Rt 1 Box 406
            New Martinsville, WV 26155

PH: (304)337-8693

I love his dash pads, but he's not making the lower pieces (the knee pads, crash rails, whatever they're called). From what I can discover, no one is making those.

Comment

Yes, Jim Lawrence is the one I was thinking of. He does do good work.
              Bob
              Bob
              Welland Ontario
              60 Lark Convertible
              64 Daytona
              sigpic
              "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

CJ,

Since you are doing a 60 Convertible, You may want to check this thread out..

Comment

Working...
                X