A day at the Drag Strip- Stude victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day at the Drag Strip- Stude victory

Here is a Youtube video of my final pass of the day ( 10-5-14 ) at Orlando Speed World .
    Won via the opponents poor reaction time , but still feels good . All for fun .

Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Nice!
    You won!

Comment

'Looks good, Bill. A win's a win! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Last I checked, they don't count style points so a win is a win. Well Done!!

I notice the strip is around Orlando. Do they run there in February and, if so, where is the track? Judy and I spend February near Leesburg, not to far north of Orlando.

Thx, Bob

Comment

A win is a win is a win.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Congratulations on the win! That was 2 for the weekend for Studes, we got the win in footbrake at a local track Saturday night in a 1960 lark. Lamar

Comment

Congrats. Anyway you slice it another brand X'er got to see Studebaker taillights!

Comment

Beautiful to watch. Love your 55. Congrats and keep racing!
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                  Last I checked, they don't count style points so a win is a win. Well Done!!

I notice the strip is around Orlando. Do they run there in February and, if so, where is the track? Judy and I spend February near Leesburg, not to far north of Orlando.

Thx, Bob
                  Orlando Speedworld runs 3-4 days per week , 12 months a year. Wed , Fri , Sat. nites , and at least one Sunday daytime per month.
                  It is located on the East edge of Orlando , on SR 50 ( Colonial Dr ) .
                  Here in Central Florida , many prefer to race in the Winter months, as the Temps are way better , and the chance of Thunderstorms is
                  much less . Most Florida tracks run all winter.

Bill H
                  Daytona Beach
                  SDC member since 1970

Comment

Originally posted by Lamar View Post
                    Congratulations on the win! That was 2 for the weekend for Studes, we got the win in footbrake at a local track Saturday night in a 1960 lark. Lamar

Good going. Any videos?
                    Do you go to Sonnys racing Studes site ?

Bill H
                    Daytona Beach
                    SDC member since 1970

Comment

As a 60 year old myself, Gosh I love it when the 60 year old wins. Congrats!!

Comment

Well done! Reaction time is just as important as horsepower or anything else. It has to feel good that the factor that decided the outcome was YOUR performance over the cars.
                        Andy
                        62 GT

Comment

That car sounds sweet. What are you running for a drive train?
                          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                            As a 60 year old myself, Gosh I love it when the 60 year old wins. Congrats!!
                            I wish that I was 60 .
                            I am 70 , but despite some serious health issues I'm relatively spry and so do what I can .
                            Bill H
                            Daytona Beach
                            SDC member since 1970

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                              That car sounds sweet. What are you running for a drive train?
                              Current engine is a .040 over 289 with cast iron dished pistons and stock heads , and a R2+ cam .
                              Homemade headers and currently, a Morgan Quademon intake with an Edelbrock 1405 600 with some jet
                              and metering rod adjustments etc.
                              Trans is a TH350 with a 10" convertor and an AMC20 rear with Detroit Locker and Moser axles. The whole saga is here :

Bill H
                              Daytona Beach
                              SDC member since 1970

Comment

Working...
                              X