Finding things I didn't know I had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding things I didn't know I had

We're just over two weeks from moving out of the place we have lived for 33 years. I'm trying to get my clutter of Studebaker and other parts and equipment organized to have a moving giveaway/bargain sale. Yesterday I moved some boxes of AFB carburetors (cores) and a sealed beam conversion set and found a flat box on the bottom. It said "Apparel", but when I went to pick it up it was heavy. I opened it and found an AFB manifold. I thought I had accidentally sold the last one I had several years ago. And I haven't even started in my "depot" yet. A few years ago I was looking for something in there and found that I had saved four NOS clocks for my '47 Commander.
    Like JDP and some others, I'm faced with scrapping stuff. Most endangered is a collection of 60 or so NOS exhaust pipes. They are free to anyone wants them and can come get them (Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia). A bunch of other stuff will be free too.
    Attached Files
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I could use a AFB core or two to build one good one. Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

If you run across any 61 lark parts please let me know thanks
      "trying to save them from the crusher one at a time"

Comment

I need a matching Pair of 2 bbl carburetors for my 2 - 2 bbl intake. prefer 53 55 type but would take 1 or 2 64 type 2 bbls. I will pay shipping.
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I'd be interested in the AFB intake or at least dropping by your place to see what you have, Paul. I'm heading out of town this weekend but maybe I could stop by tomorrow or Wednesday.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Looks like a pretty decent looking set of wire spoke wheel covers stacked there. I assume you are not shipping but would be interested in hearing a price anyway in case I could make some kind of arrangements.

Comment

If you can do some shipping I would be interested in a complete dual exhaust for a 2 door sedan. You didn't say mufflers so I'm not assuming you have them. I'm at 91740 California.

Either way, thanks,

Len.

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
                I could use a AFB core or two to build one good one. Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Allen
                A few years ago I sold an AFB manifold to a friend only to find that all I had left were WCFB manifolds when I had intended to keep one for myself. So, I'm sorry, but this one isn't for sale. The WCFBs are gone too.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                  I need a matching Pair of 2 bbl carburetors for my 2 - 2 bbl intake. prefer 53 55 type but would take 1 or 2 64 type 2 bbls. I will pay shipping.
                  Sorry, I don't have any 2 bbl carbs at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Skybolt View Post
                    If you can do some shipping I would be interested in a complete dual exhaust for a 2 door sedan. You didn't say mufflers so I'm not assuming you have them. I'm at 91740 California.

Either way, thanks,

Len.
                    Thanks, but I need to move them all as a package and right now they are spoken for.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
                      Looks like a pretty decent looking set of wire spoke wheel covers stacked there. I assume you are not shipping but would be interested in hearing a price anyway in case I could make some kind of arrangements.
                      I'll have to take a look at them. I'm not sure how good they are.

Comment

Paul,
                        What is he sealed beam conversion for?

Comment

Originally posted by Georger View Post
                          Paul,
                          What is he sealed beam conversion for?
                          George, I have three sets. Two are for '35 - '36 Ford cars and for '35 to '39 Ford trucks. The third set is for '38 Chryslers, Dodges and DeSotos. I had a Studebaker set that I sold to Jeff some years ago.

Comment

I've been in your barn, and there is a LOT of stuff there...
                            Someone would do themselves real well to go load up...
                            Thanks for offering it up before scrapping it...
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I also would be interested in a couple of AFB cores.

As you can see by the pictures, I have a '64 Daytona. If you have other stuff for the car, I'm game for a road trip.
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X