PDA

View Full Version : Finding things I didn't know I had

10-06-2014, 09:44 AM
We're just over two weeks from moving out of the place we have lived for 33 years. I'm trying to get my clutter of Studebaker and other parts and equipment organized to have a moving giveaway/bargain sale. Yesterday I moved some boxes of AFB carburetors (cores) and a sealed beam conversion set and found a flat box on the bottom. It said "Apparel", but when I went to pick it up it was heavy. I opened it and found an AFB manifold. I thought I had accidentally sold the last one I had several years ago. And I haven't even started in my "depot" yet. A few years ago I was looking for something in there and found that I had saved four NOS clocks for my '47 Commander.
Like JDP and some others, I'm faced with scrapping stuff. Most endangered is a collection of 60 or so NOS exhaust pipes. They are free to anyone wants them and can come get them (Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia). A bunch of other stuff will be free too.

studebaker-R2-4-me
10-06-2014, 09:58 AM
I could use a AFB core or two to build one good one. Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Allen

Restobaker
10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
If you run across any 61 lark parts please let me know thanks

clonelark
10-06-2014, 11:36 AM
I need a matching Pair of 2 bbl carburetors for my 2 - 2 bbl intake. prefer 53 55 type but would take 1 or 2 64 type 2 bbls. I will pay shipping.

Gunslinger
10-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I'd be interested in the AFB intake or at least dropping by your place to see what you have, Paul. I'm heading out of town this weekend but maybe I could stop by tomorrow or Wednesday.

E. Davis
10-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Looks like a pretty decent looking set of wire spoke wheel covers stacked there. I assume you are not shipping but would be interested in hearing a price anyway in case I could make some kind of arrangements.

Skybolt
10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
If you can do some shipping I would be interested in a complete dual exhaust for a 2 door sedan. You didn't say mufflers so I'm not assuming you have them. I'm at 91740 California.

Either way, thanks,

Len.

10-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I could use a AFB core or two to build one good one. Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Allen
A few years ago I sold an AFB manifold to a friend only to find that all I had left were WCFB manifolds when I had intended to keep one for myself. So, I'm sorry, but this one isn't for sale. The WCFBs are gone too.

10-06-2014, 08:48 PM
I need a matching Pair of 2 bbl carburetors for my 2 - 2 bbl intake. prefer 53 55 type but would take 1 or 2 64 type 2 bbls. I will pay shipping.
Sorry, I don't have any 2 bbl carbs at all.

10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
If you can do some shipping I would be interested in a complete dual exhaust for a 2 door sedan. You didn't say mufflers so I'm not assuming you have them. I'm at 91740 California.

Either way, thanks,

Len.
Thanks, but I need to move them all as a package and right now they are spoken for.

10-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Looks like a pretty decent looking set of wire spoke wheel covers stacked there. I assume you are not shipping but would be interested in hearing a price anyway in case I could make some kind of arrangements.
I'll have to take a look at them. I'm not sure how good they are.

Georger
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Paul,
What is he sealed beam conversion for?

10-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Paul,
What is he sealed beam conversion for?
George, I have three sets. Two are for '35 - '36 Ford cars and for '35 to '39 Ford trucks. The third set is for '38 Chryslers, Dodges and DeSotos. I had a Studebaker set that I sold to Jeff some years ago.

DEEPNHOCK
10-07-2014, 08:28 PM
I've been in your barn, and there is a LOT of stuff there...
Someone would do themselves real well to go load up...
Thanks for offering it up before scrapping it...

Swifster
10-07-2014, 10:07 PM
I also would be interested in a couple of AFB cores.

As you can see by the pictures, I have a '64 Daytona. If you have other stuff for the car, I'm game for a road trip.

studebaker-R2-4-me
10-07-2014, 11:21 PM
A few years ago I sold an AFB manifold to a friend only to find that all I had left were WCFB manifolds when I had intended to keep one for myself. So, I'm sorry, but this one isn't for sale. The WCFBs are gone too.

Hi Paul,

I'm not interested in a AFB manifold but if you have some AFB Carburetor cores I would be interested in buying a couple to make one good Studebaker AFB . The parts AFB's I have remaining have thottle shafts that are bent and /or loose where the linkage is pressed on the shaft.

Let me know if you want to get rid of them.

Allen

DEEPNHOCK
10-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Someone should just get a POD delivered and fill it up.
Have it dropped off at your house.
Sure, there's the POD charge and the shipping charge, but you'd only have to go there once for the loading of the POD.

http://www.pods.com/

(Just have the POD delivered to York!) :!::rolleyes:

Roscomacaw
10-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Geez, there's gotta be some vendors within driving distance of you, Paul. Scrapping? I don't know how you could sleep after that!

10-09-2014, 10:31 AM
I've been in your barn, and there is a LOT of stuff there...
Someone would do themselves real well to go load up...
Thanks for offering it up before scrapping it...
Like Jeff says, there is a LOT of stuff in the barn, mostly NOS. It's hard for me to list things because they are kind of randomly scattered about and I don't seem to have a good enough attention span to remember what I have. What I need to get rid of are heavy or outsize things that are hard to ship (like several dozen drums and hubs, several dozen moldings, some miscellaneous body parts, etc.). For example, I have a very nice '47-'49 Commander hood (freebie). Or how about a free Powershift tranny (was in good condition when my truck was totaled in '83, but ??).
Not all things are freebies as some things are too valuable to give away or are easy to sell and ship eBay-wise and are sort of my IRA (like a pair of NOS '62-'66 quarter panels).
Best thing is to come to my place and just poke around.

studebaker-R2-4-me
10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Best thing is to come to my place and just poke around.

I sure wish this offer was open when we were in Dover last summer!

Allen

Avantidon
10-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Bob A'nt it fun moving and finding all of those "goodies" you forgot about? As you know I've had that pleasure in the last 18 months and found a forgotten 63/64 Avanti Automatic Starter that I had to install on Monday this week so I could go be in the movies whenever they get the date worked out.

Swifster
10-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Paul, I can't get to your neck of the woods this weekend, but what about Oct 18/19? I know this is close to your move date, but if you have any good '64 stuff, I'll drive from Detroit and help thin the herd.

10-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Paul, I can't get to your neck of the woods this weekend, but what about Oct 18/19? I know this is close to your move date, but if you have any good '64 stuff, I'll drive from Detroit and help thin the herd.
I'll have to get back to you on the dates. They may be OK, but the problem with '64 stuff is most of what I have is for my'64 Daytona Wagonaire. I will take a look and see if there are any extras.

Swifster
10-10-2014, 10:13 PM
Let me know. I'm interested... :-)

Neil
10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Hello Paul. I am in need of a working powershift for my Hawk project.Is yours still avail. Thanks,Neil

10-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Hello Paul. I am in need of a working powershift for my Hawk project.Is yours still avail. Thanks,Neil

It's yours. PM me for arrangements.
I can't guarentee its working condition other than it was in good working order (about 4-5,000 miles on rebuild) when the truck was wrecked in '83. The truck was a '64 8E7 Champ with modifications including the Powershift.

deco_droid
10-13-2014, 06:24 PM
I am interested in a few parts if you have them, Paul, so I sent you a PM. Thanks much.

Neil
10-18-2014, 08:41 AM
Paul,I sent a PM about arrangement to pick up trans. Did you receive it ?

LarkTruck
10-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Paul, PM sent.
Jim

10-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi Neil and Jim,
For some reason I did not receive either of your PMs. I checked my inbox and neither are in it yet my inbox is not nearly full. Hit me again using my email address- thejohnsons at frontiernet dot net and I will respond directly.
Right now I am feverishly emptying files and drawers that the movers say must be empty when they pick them up Tuesday. Once things are in place in our new place I should be able to tackle the parts disposal in a more organized manner since I don't have to hurry to move things in the barn or in my shop. Maybe I can start meeting you by the following weekend (or week for retirees who don't have to worry about a workweek). I'll also post again to this thread to provide status of time availabiity.
Thanks for hanging in there in the midst of my confusion.