1950 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion

Don't own one. Always thought they looked cool. (bullet nose). Going to look at an all original. Holes in floor. What should I look for??? Is 2 to 2200 a fair price??? New at this. Got a really nice Caddy 507 in a 78 GMC motorhome that I built and I was thinking of building another,,,,,

The bulletnose Studebaker is truly iconic but, without knowing the body style: two or four door sedan, convertible, five-passenger or three-passenger coupe, and additional information on condition and/or photos, we can offer nothing in the way of advice. Photos would be great and the information on the body tag, located on the cowl under the hood in front of the passenger.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

First of all, welcome to the forum. With the information you've provided...there's a lot of "It Depends," to be fair, in responding. What body are we talking about? Is it a business coupe, starlight coupe, two door sedan, or four door? Are the holes in the floor the only holes? It is not unusual to find hidden holes where the fenders bolt to the front pillars. Rust at the lower door skins, between the body and rear fenders, behind rear fender gravel guards, and the rockers.

How are the body support frame wings? Check the front fenders in the air vent door areas. Another thing about the '50 Champions...their front suspension is a one-off transitional year production. Some of those parts are scarce. If you have tools, talent, skill, and the "nerve" to tackle it yourself, the economics make more sense than having to pay someone else to do the restoration. There is a lot of us that would like for all of them to be saved. An easy position when it is not our own money. A few pictures could go a long way in getting you some useful opinions.

What ever happens...good luck.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
      X