PDA

View Full Version : Building A Wagon

beatnik64
10-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey Gang,
Started working on a 1964 Wagon for me an the wife and I need a few things wanted to see if anyone in the New England area (or perhaps someone going to reedsville) might have some stuff kicking around the garage that they wanted to unload?

I need:
Drivers side front door
Window regulators for both rear doors and passenger front
Drivers side front floor pan
Back up light lenses

I'll be posting pics soon of the project and I'm also gonna post some pics on the progress of putting the Daytona back together since the accident

Send me a PM if you got anything I might need

Thanks

BobPalma
10-01-2014, 08:19 PM
:!: Cool beans, Ryan; 'good to see you back in the air.

How is the 1964 Daytona coming along? :o Are you fixing the front end damage? :cool: Bob

beatnik64
10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Here are some of the pics, I've already started taking alot of it apart. Please ignore the Chevy radiator that is currently in place this was done by the previous owner (and was pretty crappy job at that) I'm looking for a few more items.. Hood Hinges, Hood, Hood Torsion Bars, Front and Rear Bumper brackets, and a front bumper.

I'll be posting updated photos on the hardtop daytona in another thread, thanks

Bob Andrews
10-06-2014, 11:40 PM
Ryan- I've used several of these. They work pretty well:http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEFT-SIDE-FRONT-FLOOR-PAN-STUDEBAKER-1961-66-SEDAN-LARKS-NEW-/141422639453?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AStudebaker%7CModel%3ALark&hash=item20ed72395d&vxp=mtr

61Lark
11-12-2014, 01:27 PM
I sent you a private message.

57pack
11-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Hi Ryan,
I have a set of used reverse lamp lenses in my garage someplace if you get desperate. Their not perfect but, useable.
Let me know if you're interested.

StudeRich
11-12-2014, 03:56 PM
I like this Pic, it shows a very nice 50 footer, that with just a little repair to that troublesome Rear Quarter Panel will produce one fine '64 Daytona Wagonaire. :!:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38214&d=1412649432

This problem could be cured by using longer and larger drain tubes for the "B" and "C" Pillar drain hoses, to reach through the floor and drain to the ground.

beatnik64
11-12-2014, 08:14 PM
61Lark, I sent a message back.

57Pack, That might work, they dont have to be pretty just functional. If you are going to reedsville maybe we can meet up or I can send you message when I get closer to needing them

Studerich, you read my mind (and echo a lot of other wagon owners) I'm 100% going to alter the drain to work properly.

57pack
11-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Hi Ryan,
I'll start searching for the lenses. Not going to get to Reedsville, family commitments.
When you are ready, PM me your address, I'll mail them off to you.
Bill

61Lark
11-22-2014, 11:02 AM
Hi Ryan, I got the window regulators pulled. I sent you a PM about shipping.

61Lark
12-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Anyone heard from Ryan (beatnik64)? I've got his parts ready to go in the mail, but haven't been able to get in touch with him for the two weeks.

PackardV8
12-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Anyone building a wagon might consider budgeting in several hundred dollars for Dynamat or other quality sound deadener material. The larger roof area seems to transmit and amplify road noise far more than sedans. That, plus having the rear wheel wells in the compartment and the road noise can be annoying.

A local Stude guy built a nice Lark wagon and sold it shortly thereafter. One road trip and the noise was the deal breaker for him.

jack vines

StudeRich
12-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Here are some of the pics, I've already started taking alot of it apart. Please ignore the Chevy radiator that is currently in place this was done by the previous owner (and was pretty crappy job at that) I'm looking for a few more items.. Hood Hinges, Hood, Hood Torsion Bars, Front and Rear Bumper brackets, and a front bumper.
I'll be posting updated photos on the hardtop daytona in another thread, thanks

We do have all of these items here, I wonder how many you could afford to ship. I would think you could do all but the Hood, those are WAY too heavy to affordably ship.

Captain Billy
12-03-2014, 08:16 AM
We put on nearly 7K miles this year in the Wagonaire, and didn't notice a greater amount of noise.....however,
in the future could you please type a little louder.:D

stude1964
12-03-2014, 10:35 AM
As for the drains-When I did my '64 Daytona wagon I had the roof out completely to clean and lube the mechanisms. When I put things back together I used vinyl hoses to replace the rubber. I also extended the hoses through the rocker at the B pillar as well as the hoses through the rear 1/4 panel. I may have extended the life of the car several more years. Too bad Avanti II vehicles didn't catch on as the Skytops drained right into the hog troughs! Good luck with your project.
Rob in PA.

beatnik64
06-14-2015, 08:32 PM
Here are some updated photos, finally got sometime to work on the wagon this past month and made a fair amount of progress. Looking forward to getting some quotes on painting the boy once I finish up the paint work. Sadly I found a pretty bent up front frame horn on the passenger side of car that is going to need to be straightened out when it goes in for paint. I should be able to finish up the welding on the floor pans this week and continue to strip her down. I suppose by end of the summer beginning of fall she'll have her new paint. Hope to find some more goodies for her at the international (but only if I sell some stuff) thanks for looking gang!

r1lark
06-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Good to see 'ya Ryan, and thanks for the update. :D

StudeRich
06-14-2015, 10:03 PM
The Firewall appears to be '64 Moonlight Silver, a somewhat rare Color but what I can see of the Fenders they are White like the car appears to be. Do you know the Original Color?

beatnik64
07-06-2015, 02:46 PM
The Firewall appears to be '64 Moonlight Silver, a somewhat rare Color but what I can see of the Fenders they are White like the car appears to be. Do you know the Original Color?

Sadly no, The car was originally Gold Sand, I would like to repaint it a more metallic gold although now you got me thinking about silver....:!:

studeclunker
07-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Man, you'd better jam with the plucked chicken on the color o'that rod or she might get bugged about it.45515 Ya don't wanna end up murgatroid with 'er, daddy-o!

Great to see the update. Love the welding job. Wish you could visit some of that on my old girl. She could use that kind of loving attention. Did you ever find a hood?

beatnik64
07-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Word, Got a hood.

Pulled the rear end and leaf springs this weekend. Re-painted the frame and

- - - Updated - - -

floor boards