10-01-2014, 08:36 AM
http://www.sdcmeet.com/

Hope to see you there

Chris Pile
10-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks, Milton!

candbstudebakers
10-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Good to see and talk with you in Wisconsin last week end, got my shirts for the meet so am ready to go, see you there.

Timj
10-01-2014, 12:59 PM
As a Younger guy with a school age kids, I am scheduling time off from work for our first national meet. I noticed that it starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. Saturday appears to be a pack up and leave day. Would there be much to see on the first day Sunday. We will have to drive 6 hours to make it and I want to make the most of it.
TimJ

unclemiltie
10-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Saturday is normally the pack up and leave day, most vendors will already be packed up. Sunday is normally an arrival day and vendor set up day. Tuesday-Thursday are normally the busiest days. I hear rumors the SDC powers to be have been discussing having Saturday and Sunday be more active days.

We took our kids to many national meets and it is interesting that now that both girls are on their own they have recently been to the meets in Colorado and Lancaster as they said they remember meets being a good time. I guess it is hard for parents to know exactly what their kids are thinking as I have to admit I was surprised when they said they wanted to attend the recent meets.

Timj
10-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the information. It looks as if we may have to take a few more days off from school and work. :D After all Studebakers are educational right? :!!: I am feverishly working to get our GT ready for the trip. Keep your fingers crossed , hope to see you there!

TimJ

jbwhttail
10-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Reservations at the meet hotel have been made so I guess the registration is next on the list. Can't wait, daughter got married same time as Dover so we missed that one. 24 months of visiting with some Stude friends is a long time!

TX Rebel
10-02-2014, 12:19 AM
It looks like it is Maryland Heights & not St Charles as previously stated. Sat on nat meets is nothing & vendors have been forced to close up early on Fri in recent years.
Does anyone have any recommendations for CASO motels nearby? Most of the Patel Palaces close to the meet have terrible reviews, but I do not anticipate selling enough to finance a $800.00 week at the Sheraton. A real shame that the place next door with the $59. rates is such a dump!

lschuc
10-05-2014, 04:45 PM
If you stay at the Sheraton Chalet all week, there is no reason to have to move your car until you leave. The Westport Plaza complex which the hotel is part of has all types of bars and restaurants, everything from fine dining to McDonald's!! (but then I look at McDonald's as fine dining too! :)

You can book your room online here: http://bit.ly/gatewaystude2015

Meet registration: http://www.sdcmeet.com

JRoberts
10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I have looked through the meet booklet and see times for seminars, but all I see is a number and not what the seminars are. I could easily missed this but have looked several times. Is there a list of what the seminars are?

Also I see no tours or activities that involve driving our Studebakers. Are any such activities planned? I really found this kind of thing the best part of the IM at Dover.

Thanks for any help you can give me on these issues.

lschuc
10-06-2014, 10:29 AM
This is actually the pre-meet booklet that was prepared early this year and handed out at the Dover meet. More details on seminars and tours will be announced later this year in Turning Wheels.

83AVANTI
10-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Barry,

I appreciate your concern regarding the expense of staying at the 2015 Meet hotel. I do have one observation I would like to share with SDC members (well, at this point the ones reading this thread). It is difficult to find hotel/venue that can host all the various activities of an SDC International Meet including concours. We were fortunate to find a Sheraton within an retail/entertainment complex in St. Louis that will work. In addition, the hotel is allowing us to use all the banquet rooms, conference rooms, lobby areas and parking at "no extra charge". However, in order, it's not free; SDC has to guarantee to the hotel that we will book a set number of room nights and purchase a set dollar amount of banquet meals and other services. So, besides missing the convenience of staying at the Meet hotel, if members do not stay at the hotel, there is a risk of costing the SDC thousands of dollars in penalties to the hotel.

Thanks,
Don Hart
Co-chair 2015 SDC International Meet

JoeHall
10-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Looks like rooms are $115 per night. Is that the "group rate" for SDC meet folks?

unclemiltie
10-09-2014, 08:32 AM
yes, the room rate is $115

I live 20 minutes away and made reservations as we enjoy the visiting with our Studebaker friends whom we only normally see at national meets.

Pat Dilling
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Don,

Isn't the REAL problem the SDC International Meet guidelines, that DEMAND that all events be at one location? (Even though some of our finest Internationals had split venues, "back in the day"?) This virtually assures Meets can only be in major metropolitan areas, with all the attendant high costs, traffic and safety concerns. Some of us remember a time in the SDC, before top-down, rigid, dictatorial Meet guidelines when chapters actively competed to host International Meets. The guidelines became very demanding, and that changed real fast. The Club has never been the same.

The IM in Southbend in 2012 had the host Hotel down town and the concours and swap meet were at the fair grounds, definitely not at one location. Personally, I appreciate it when most of the activities are close to the host hotel. Makes it easy to take a break and go back to the room. Especially good if the weather is hot or there is chance of rain.

bezhawk
10-09-2014, 11:16 AM
The Iowa meet was also at seperate locations.

studeski
10-10-2014, 12:00 PM
yes, the room rate is $115

I live 20 minutes away and made reservations as we enjoy the visiting with our Studebaker friends whom we only normally see at national meets.

Red flag here! I just called reservations and they said the rooms available for the meet are 2 double beds only. What's up with that?

unclemiltie
10-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Lew is checking on the Hotel bed situation

candbstudebakers
10-11-2014, 11:31 AM
What about pet friendly? this makes a good or bad deal for us and maybe more. and we need 3-4 rooms and stay a full week, no pets no meet or a least not at the host hotel and that is what the whole thing is about, times like when at South Bend and others Ceder rapids, Springfield, and a few others it didn't mater but when every thing is all together it does. my 2 cents worth.

unclemiltie
10-11-2014, 12:06 PM
They are pet friendly at the host hotel.

lschuc
10-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Red flag here! I just called reservations and they said the rooms available for the meet are 2 double beds only. What's up with that?

We checked and all the available King Bedded Rooms at the Chalet have been booked, by OUR group for the most part. Only Double bedded rooms will be available.
Of the 300 rooms available in the Sheraton Chalet meet hotel, 1/3 are King beds and the rest, 2/3rds are double bedded rooms. So, book early if you want the best choices.

lschuc
10-11-2014, 12:30 PM
What about pet friendly? this makes a good or bad deal for us and maybe more. and we need 3-4 rooms and stay a full week, no pets no meet or a least not at the host hotel and that is what the whole thing is about, times like when at South Bend and others Ceder rapids, Springfield, and a few others it didn't mater but when every thing is all together it does. my 2 cents worth.

Feel free to bring your pets!! We were assured that all rooms are pet friendly and pets are welcome throughout the hotel. There is no need to stay elsewhere. They only ask that pets be kept on a leash when outside of your room, in public areas, vending and seminars or meeting rooms.

2R5
10-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Can't see where that's a problem......now if they only had a single bed :woot:

candbstudebakers
10-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Thanks guys, will look into get my rooms booked, if I have a problem I will be moving in with Milt.

Deaf Mute
10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
We have our room booked as do a couple others from our Chapter... We ALWAYS look forward to the International Meet. Yes the hotel tends to get pricy... but we have to think of the club (SDC) as a whole & the best way to do it is stay at the host hotel! As an aside, I found a Quality Inn within walking distance that had a special of $110 a day.... for an additional $5 I will stay at the host hotel! (Yes the QI does have a "free breakfast", but I can bring doughnuts from home also.
See you there!

unclemiltie
10-13-2014, 01:14 PM

Claude, The hotel should have this issue resolved in a day or so. Apparently when they blocked the rooms they did not block enough for all days of the week!. Thanks for pointing this out and being patient.

lschuc
10-13-2014, 06:12 PM

The hotel website for room reservations, as well as for anyone calling the front desk, is now corrected and showing additional rooms for the first weekend and all throughout the week of the meet. We have also added additional King rooms. Both hotel and SDC meet reservations can be made throughout the http://sdcmeet.com site.