PDA

View Full Version : 1950 Champion Land Cuiser NEWS

charlie
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Hello there guys.

GREAT NEWS.
1. I have found a place in Weymouth, MA (Then & Now Automotive) that will not only sell the rebuild kits for my rare AC dual action fuel pump but also actually do the work. I overnighted it there yesterday. Approx cost is about $125.00

2. I also found a place in Greensburg, PA that will totally refurbish the fuel tank. Mine was not only caved in but very full of rust. I have seen there work and it is unbeliveable. (Moyer Fuel Tank Renu) Tank could be mistaken for a new one. Approx Cost is $300.00

NOW I NEED HELP IN FINDING THE CLIMATIZER CONTROL VALVE. IT IS NOT REBUILDABLE FROM WHAT I SEE. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

CHARLIE

CHAMP
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Try any of your Studebaker vendors for that heater control valve.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Dan White
09-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Gary, sent you an email about North East street festival car exhibition this Sat.

Dan White
64 R1 GT
64 R2 GT

Dan White
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Charlie:

I have had 2 gas tanks done by other Gas Tank Renu franchisees and they both did an excellent job! They also give you a life time warantee against any further rust, etc.

Dan White
64 R1 GT
64 R2 GT

drew
09-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Hood Ornament value?
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. My wife recently inherited a pair of 1950 Studebakers. One is a Landcruiser, the other is a Commander. I'm intending to use the Commander(which is in far worse condition) for spare parts to restore the Landcruiser. I'm going to end up with some "extra" parts, some of which I believe are somewhat rare. For instance, I have two, complete hood ornaments, with the glass "missile" intact. I have heard that those hood ornaments can be quite valuable. Any ideas on the market value, and where I might have success selling the extra one? I'd appreciate any other ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

CHAMP
09-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I have found that if I have a spare part and keep it I will never need it, but if I get rid of it I will need it. Being a pack rat I tend to keep my spare parts. Might have something to do with Murphy's law.:)

Commander51
09-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Collecting 'spare' parts isn't an easy call; Champ is often right--the moment you part with a part, you'll need it. But if you take that logic to its conclusion, there wouldn't be many parts for sale to people who need them in the the here-and-now. I'm generally willing to sell parts to folks I'm sure will use them rather than hoard them.

I was offered a tremendous deal on a Chrysler Airflow several years ago, and I wanted to 'go for it', but airflow owners have a bad rep as parts hoarders and I didn't think I could rebuild the car in a reasonable amount of time/money, so I passed. I'm sure there are lots of generous airflow owners-- I just didn't hear of them.

CHAMP
09-29-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't hoard everything, just parts I think I might need. Like the extra O.D. Relay, I was having trouble with mine and gave it a good cleaning and it is working fine, but when I got a chance to buy a spare I did. :)

Commander51
09-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Champ, I didn't mean to be critical of your parts strategy. I think we all have a 'stash' of stuff. I do some heavy-duty touring in my Stude, so I probably have a bigger stash of wearing parts (pumps, belts,etc) than average. It's the guys who have five spare door handles or three complete sets of dash knobs that I wonder about. These sorts of items are crucial to a good restoration, yet rarely 'wear out'. That's the sort of stuff the Airflow needed that I was told I'd never pry loose from another member...

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/gmail98/th_51CommanderState.jpg
51 Commander State Sedan
Worthington PA

studegary
09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
I suggest putting your hood ornament, and other spare parts, on eBay. The auction method will establish the fair market value.

Gary L.
Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)