Stude Needs Saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Needs Saving

Hello to all, Mainly joined you to let you all know that I ran across a STUD that needs RESCUED! Not sure how long it's been there? All I can say is I was stocked when I saw it! Body is rather dent free/rust free, all the trim intact,grille/bumpers Interior looks like it was just parked, then I opened the hood only thing I noticed wrong was the air cleaner seem to be missing? May be in the trunk or? I think it is a 1955 Commander 4 door?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1812.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	1744753

Hi Tom, and welcome to the Forum! I've moved your post here for more eyeballs

It appears you've found a nice 1956 Commander! Likely a 259 V8. Looks like a very solid car.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Any details? Where is it? How much $$$? Judging from the picture, I'm going to guess it's located in the western plains somewhere. Give us some more info if possible. Looks solid.

Comment

Nice car! YES how much for it?

Comment

Looks like a nice car Tom. Where is it? Can't save it if the car can't be found!Click image for larger version

Name:	emo3.gif
Views:	83
Size:	1,001 Bytes
ID:	1692256
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Looks as if she is ready to go!
            Throw in a battery, pump up the tires, some gas and set of wheel covers...off to a cruise!
            Need a location and price though Tom.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Let me guess where it is. Dakota? Nebraska?
              Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2014, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Details Please....

Comment

Morning Guys, Sorry Puter crashed !!!! It is located in Central West Idaho Mountains, Not sure what the guy would take for it. Rather sure it wouldn't take alot. Will get more info next week. It is just one of many that begs for help there.

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Comment

I re read my original posting I noted I did not mention that it is in an Old Junk Yard, which the son of the owner is slowly but surly loading flatbeds heading to the scraper!! I'm afraid when the Old man passes, it will ALL be gone quickly. If one was to buy it from him I would be surprised if it would cost ya over 800-1000 if that much!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb23 View Post
                        Morning Guys, Sorry Puter crashed !!!! It is located in Central West Idaho Mountains, Not sure what the guy would take for it. Rather sure it wouldn't take alot. Will get more info next week. It is just one of many that begs for help there.
                        When you go back can you get photos of other cars? Like the Purple Ford wagon to the right?

Comment

Purple ? You mean the RED Ford Econline Pickup? The one at the very far right with the roof rack is a early 60's Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb23 View Post
                            I re read my original posting I noted I did not mention that it is in an Old Junk Yard, which the son of the owner is slowly but surly loading flatbeds heading to the scraper!! I'm afraid when the Old man passes, it will ALL be gone quickly. If one was to buy it from him I would be surprised if it would cost ya over 800-1000 if that much!
                            What is the closest town that shows up on a map? Thanks. There used to be a lot of great old wrecking yards in Southwest Idaho.

Comment

What is the white car to the left? Possible 60s 70s muscle car?

Comment

Working...
                              X