Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker’s best looking hub cap. My choice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker’s best looking hub cap. My choice.

It would take a real knowledgeable Studebaker man to be able to i.d. the hub cap shown below. It will fit and be correct only for the 1938-40 K10 Fast transport. It was a very low production vehicle and was available as an express (with pick up box) or a delivery. I posted a similar question on another Studebaker site and received some alternate proposals namely the 1953-55 wire wheel caps, the AC-2799 (1956-61 caps) and the air flow caps from 1964. Any other candidates?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4557 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1744752
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Well lets just say that the K10 Wheel cover is a very DIFFERENT and rare design.

As far as pretty, I vote for the '57 Studebaker Standard Wheel Cover and the Standard '64 Wheel Cover.
    Also the AC-2118 '51-'52 Wheelcover is no Dog either, I am sure Dick will be glad ($$$.00) to hear that one!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have to agree with StudeRich, the 1957 and 1964 standard wheelcovers are some of the nicest pieces of automotive design from those decades.

Chris.

Comment

Here's one with them.

Diamond T also offered similar looking wheel covers. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=diamond

Craig
        Last edited by 8E45E; 09-27-2014, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Hi

The '36-'37 President full wheel disk have my vote.

Steve

Comment

I've always favored the clean and classic '53-'55 covers, in second place would be the Avanti covers.
            But find the 1964 Lark-type caps more aesthetically fitting to the '64 up body styles.

Comment

One of my favorites is the 1964-66 accessory wire caps as shown here:

Name:	100_8232.jpg
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	1692235

Comment

Hands down....the '53-'55 'full' wheelcover was Studebakers finest design.

Comment

Hands down....the '53-'55 'full' wheelcover was Studebakers finest design.
                  Simple, elegant, timeless.
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I agree with most posts, so far. (I know, it is contradictory to agree with some, since not "all-posts" agree.) My exception, is "wire wheels." And...complicated realistic wire wheel covers like the ones that were on my Falcon Sprint, back in the day. What I like about the ones that Richard originally posted...they are "timeless" in their beauty. They are "cleanable." Hubcaps/wheel-covers, that are "cleanable," add to the overall vehicle, or, at least, do not detract from the vehicle...are what I value.

Other offerings that may not be glamorous, but are very effective, are the simple, almost "baby moon" type, that Studebaker mastered through the years. Those have all stood the "test of time," as many similar "after-market" offerings still use the basic practical simplicity.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with Mr Quinn....those are just darn beautiful , they would look good on todays trucks so I guess they are timeless as well
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

gotta be this
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Here is how the caps on the K-10 show against the white wall tires.

Name:	kremo bread 1938 copy.jpg
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1692237
                          Richard Quinn
                          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

There are mag wheels that don't look that good !
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

What Richard posted are very nice. I am not familiar with them. Are they hub caps with trim rings or wheelcovers?

I am partial to 1953-1955 wheelcovers.

No offense Rich, but I like the 1956 wheelcover better than the 1957 wheelcover, even though I have owned at least three 1957s with those.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X