PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to show my car at car show tomorrow.....

Indyted
09-26-2014, 10:50 PM
...and I will probably will be the only Studebaker/Avanti there. I am actually looking forward in talking to people about my car (1971 Avanti II). But I am also wondering what misconceptions and ignorance I will run into. I am both anticipating and bracing for it at the same time. ;)

I will give you a report tomorrow evening.

BobPalma
09-26-2014, 10:53 PM
:confused: Where will you be, Ted? there are shows all around central Indiana this weekend, it seems....and next weekend, the big fancy invitational show at French Lick and The Newport Antique Auto Hill Climb! :cool: BP

StudeRich
09-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Ted; be prepared, you can expect to hear lots of:

"Didn't Studebaker build those in Canada?"

"Those are the ones with the Turbocharged Engine!"

"My Uncle had one of those and it went 165 MPH!"

"When Studebaker moved to Canada they had to put Corvette Engines in them"

"Yeah the Guy that built these is in Jail in Cancun Mexico!" :rolleyes: :D :lol:

gearhead49
09-27-2014, 06:16 AM
2 great car shows in Indiana this weekend James Dean Festival in Fairmont and Ducktail Run in Gas City.
Saw a few Studes @ Ducktail yesterday

fstst56
09-27-2014, 07:24 AM
"Do you still have all the parts to put the Ford 289 back in it ?"

Indyted
09-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Bob, it will be the Stuckey Apple Orchard Car Show in Sheridan. There will be about 100 cars there.

http://www.stuckeyfarm.com

QUOTE=BobPalma;872203]:confused: Where will you be, Ted? there are shows all around central Indiana this weekend, it seems....and next weekend, the big fancy invitational show at French Lick and The Newport Antique Auto Hill Climb! :cool: BP[/QUOTE]

ndynis
09-27-2014, 09:22 AM
...and I will probably will be the only Studebaker/Avanti there. I am actually looking forward in talking to people about my car (1971 Avanti II). But I am also wondering what misconceptions and ignorance I will run into. I am both anticipating and bracing for it at the same time. ;)

I will give you a report tomorrow evening.
Here is a sheet the National put out for IDYSD38008

studegary
09-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Bob, it will be the Stuckey Apple Orchard Car Show in Sheridan. There will be about 100 cars there.

]

That is about the same number as there were 1971 Avanti IIs (122).