Bob Shaw hacked???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Shaw hacked???

Just opened my email and saw something from "Bob Shaw". No content but a link to sexy lingerie group. Either Bob has a new interest or he has been hacked. Some of the others this was mailed to include: "Studebakerparts", "Votel1950", "ColinFort" and others not readily recognizable. I did not open the email. Beware!!
    Peter Bishop

'Prolly so, Peter. I got the same e-mail this morning and deleted it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, one of my email accounts got hacked. The first time for me. There is no subject/title to them and they only contain a link. Immediate deletion is the correct action. I sent out "MY EMAIL WAS HACKED" notifications to everyone in my address book. If you got the hacker email but did not get my follow up email let me know. If you got the follow up email but did not get the hacker email you are among the lucky ones. Sorry, but stuff happens. I have changed my password and am running a full virus/malware scan.
      sigpic
      Bob Shaw
      Rush City, Minnesota
      1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
      "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Bob: I got the hacker e-mail but not your "My E-Mail was Hacked" warning....or at least not yet. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Bob: I got the hacker e-mail but not your "My E-Mail was Hacked" warning....or at least not yet. BP
          I checked and you are not in my "Address Book" per se, which means the malware got your address from my "inbox" or "sent" box as we have exchanged emails in the past. That means there are undoubtedly many others who got the hacker email but are not in my "Address Book" so I did not send my followup notification. I have over 9000 emails on file which makes it virtually impossible to find and notify everyone I have had email contact with over the years.

UPDATE!!! Previously I wrote that the hacker email had no subject/title. That is not true. The emails went out in several groups. Some had no subject but others had "Hi", "How are you?" and "Hello" as the subject. Any email from me with those titles should be immediately deleted! Thanks.
          Last edited by BShaw; 09-25-2014, 08:34 AM.
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
          X