Tip of the Hat to Stude International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the Hat to Stude International

I bought a new carpet kit for my Avanti a few months ago from Studebaker International. Months later I installed and found the kit pretty good; however, there were no pieces that fit the covers on each side of A/C consul with little vents. I took a few pics including pics of the old carpet pieces for the A/C side covers.

I email the to Jim at Stude Inter and explained situation. Jim emailed me within 24 hours and sent to his vendor in CA. The vendor called and offered two options (1) send me extra carpet to have made locally or (2) send him the two old carpet pieces and he would make replacements.

I sent the old ones in a few days had the new carpet pieces. We often criticize suppliers to help them provide better products or service. However, we also need to support them when they give good service like I received.

Joe
    75 Avanti, 61 Corvette, 73 Corvette, 95 Corvette, 61 Beech Baron, 1944 PBJ

Good affirmation. We should do that with all our vendors who strive to help us keep these great cars and trucks on the road. Without them this would be difficult to do and there would probably be fewer enthusiasts.
    I am an SI customer and have always gotten great service.
    Thank you Joe for posting this.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I totally agree with you regarding Studebaker International. I've dealt with them for many years and have received professional, and pleasant service. They're a pleasure to deal with.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Still no catalog...
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Besides being a good source of parts Ed has also helped us out on tours at the Body Plant by donating enlarged photos and the such. Thanks Ed. Tim

Comment

I received a catalog a few weeks ago, about 5/8 inch thick.

Joe
            75 Avanti, 61 Corvette, 73 Corvette, 95 Corvette, 61 Beech Baron, 1944 PBJ

Comment

Working...
            X